Shee trans stuck in third, any advice?

AKRACIN

This is my first transmission tear down Im looking for any advice on what to look for with the trans being stuck in third gear? Any must have upgrades to keep from a repeat? Any advice is welcome. is there a bullet proof trans I can buy? Thank you in advance.

This is my first transmission tear down Im looking for any advice on what to look for with the trans being stuck in third gear? Any must have upgrades to keep from a repeat? Any advice is welcome. is there a bullet proof trans I can buy? Thank you in advance.

Sounds like a bent shift fork maybe???

sounds more like the the claw on the shift shaft sliped off the shift star really easy fix dont even hve to split the cases. Get a climers manual it will walk you right through it.

Yeah, check the shaft first. I had a similar thing happen. I thought I had to tear into the trans, and I piulled the clutch cover and the claw just slipped off the star. Easy fix

Yeah, check the shaft first. I had a similar thing happen. I thought I had to tear into the trans, and I piulled the clutch cover and the claw just slipped off the star. Easy fix

Boy that would be real cool I will check it tomorrow thanks you guys ROCK.

Boy that would be real cool I will check it tomorrow thanks you guys ROCK.

If that is what the problem is you might want to replace the shift shaft. The rivet that holds the claw on wears and develops too much play in it and it will do the same thing again. The claw should rotate freely but not have excessive wobble to it.

SP

If that is what the problem is you might want to replace the shift shaft. The rivet that holds the claw on wears and develops too much play in it and it will do the same thing again. The claw should rotate freely but not have excessive wobble to it.

SP

You guys were correct. Pulled the clutch cover and touched the shift shaft and walla all my gears are back. Thanks so very much.