HELPPPP

ok so i have been trying to split the case on my motor and cant get them apart i know i have all the nuts and bolts out ive checked a thousand times. i rebuilt the top end rode it for about 5 hour next thing i know some locked up in the bottom end, it will run in neutral also in gear with the clutch pulled in as soon as i let it out it stalls right away. but anyway i drained the bottom end and not that much gear oil came out and when i rebuilt it i didnt put that much in, i checked it right after i put it in and read fine on the dipstick (i think i should have ran it for a sec then checked it but got excited and didnt think about it :shootself:). so anyway my question is do you guys think there is any chance that something could be welded down there stopping me from spilting them?

hey,

have you got the bearing support bracket screw out ? , its behind the basket, the bracket is a semi circle thats half goes around the trans shaft bearing. one screw goes to the top case and the other to the bottom, just undo one.

the stator also bolts the 2 halfs together.

yea man i check that they are out thanks tho

yea man i check that they are out thanks tho

u check the manual again to make sure everything is removed??no way the cases are welded together.u got a bolt in somewhere or something still attached.

I don't know if this a good idea or not but if you got all your nuts bolts out you could take a little propane torch and heat the the places where to two cases meet.... aluminum expands and contracts 10x's quicker than steel does and that should break any corrosive seal or glue.... it dont take alot of heat just a little used to do it aluminum heads with bolts stuck in them and the bolts would just come right out ofter that..... and i'm not sure on the 10x's thing but i do know it does contract and expand quite quickly with very little heat