Trinity 2 into 1 Intake

ddavid

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People always say "the bike screams" with this part on it. However, a good majority of the people putting these parts on have not run the bike with twin 28mm flatslide carbs on it. When you say the bike screams, in my mind that person is referring to the top end power it has. If that is the case, wait till you test a good set of flat slide twins on it, the bike will really scream.

I was joking about the X-pipe. I was trying to make the point that there is always more than one way to get somewhere. Dual carb guys insist that they make more HP. Single carb guys insist they have more throttle responce and better ridability. EFI guys have them both beat, but everybody hates on them because it costs so much they don't think it's worth it....

I had 2 Mikuni flat slide 28's on my wifes 370 long rod dune ported motor. They are on the workbench now. What's on the motor now is a Graydon 2 into1 with a single 36mm airstriker. I'm not going to say I'm faster with the 2 into 1, But I will say I'm not noticeably slower. I'll also say that with the twin 28's my wife's hand would get too tired. I'll also say that from your perspective, with your bike tuned perfectly, you see a 4HP difference.....But I know MOST banshees aren't that well tuned, and a well tuned single carb can beat poorly tuned dual carbs easy. I also think it's easier to keep one carb tuned. Two carbs that are a little out of ideal tune is twice as bad a one carb a little out of ideal tune. This I've seen many times on the dyno. Having said all that.....I would never say that I like the Trinity design.

People always say "the bike screams" with this part on it. However, a good majority of the people putting these parts on have not run the bike with twin 28mm flatslide carbs on it. When you say the bike screams, in my mind that person is referring to the top end power it has. If that is the case, wait till you test a good set of flat slide twins on it, the bike will really scream.

ok, so i guess if i can't call it screaming i will call it whooping or moaning or some other term that suites your needs you let me know how you like to say it and we'll settle on that!

I had two flatsides on it, i tried out the 2 into 1 and i didn't feel any noticable difference from one to the other, but i went with the 2 into 1 for ease of jetting, and it looks slick and more streamlined in my opinion. as far as top end, i typically don't get into 5th and 6th a lot i guess, it's just my style. the only time i do is when i'm making a choke cherry run, and the few runs i did with the two flatsides didn't feel any different than the runs with the 2 into 1. this is all BUTT dyno time, not any real numbers, just my opinion that there wasn't much of a difference in the way it felt. i like the trinity 2 into 1 setup personally, not saying i wouldn't be open to anything else ever, but i've really liked it.

Edited by Duneman101

ok, so i guess if i can't call it screaming i will call it whooping or moaning or some other term that suites your needs you let me know how you like to say it and we'll settle on that!

I had two flatsides on it, i tried out the 2 into 1 and i didn't feel any noticable difference from one to the other, but i went with the 2 into 1 for ease of jetting, and it looks slick and more streamlined in my opinion. as far as top end, i typically don't get into 5th and 6th a lot i guess, it's just my style. the only time i do is when i'm making a choke cherry run, and the few runs i did with the two flatsides didn't feel any different than the runs with the 2 into 1. this is all BUTT dyno time, not any real numbers, just my opinion that there wasn't much of a difference in the way it felt. i like the trinity 2 into 1 setup personally, not saying i wouldn't be open to anything else ever, but i've really liked it.

What size flatslides?

:rolleyes: Here we go....... :shootself:

Really? What difference would it make if 2 carbs are ALWAYS better than one? ;)

NOTE: The only correct carb to ever run is 2-28's right?

Oh and if your not running Pro Ciruits, then you have the wrong pipes too....... <_<

Well I have run them, and tested them, and still have friends who have them on their bikes that I put on. I say dont do it, your not running the right parts setup to benefit from what it would offer you power wise. Your motor is setup to peak too high with those T5's. You would see a bigger gain by swapping the T5's out with a low-mid pipe.

In what part of this direct qoute on the first page did anyone say twin 28mm carbs or pro circuits were the way to go?

2:1 carb kits are the first mods i install on a banshee,i trail ride almost exclusively though. I love the way they deliver power and simplify jetting and tuning.

I have never really cared wether 1 setup pushes more HP when its strapped down to a machine in a garage,i always Judged a product by how much I enjoy riding it.

One of my banshees ran a single 33 and fmf gnarlys,the other ran a single 36 and fmf fattys,i loved both setups.

If you like two carbs run two carbs,if you like singles run a single i dont see why everyone wants to debate it.

It seems like like the single carb bikes rev faster too,and hit a little harder.

Just my 2 cents

• 2 weeks later...

Im sorry but the dynoport 2 into 1 is straight garbage. If u havent tried another pipe, do it. I changed to T5s which are suppose to be a mid/top end pipe and it pulled so much harder off the bottom all the way through the powerband. Pulled off dynoport put on T5s. Same jetting, same day.. No comparison.

I also run a single carb setup with a 35mm air striker. Runs perfect but Im debating on switching to pwk 28s....

If anything, I would support putting on two(2) stock carbs per cylinder, as opposed to going to one large carb. The rationale is smaller carbs atomize fuel better and have better throttle response. Two(2) 26mm carbs are roughly equal to the same area as a single 37mm carb., and I would suspect would provide more top-end HP as well as acceptable throttle response. Why don't one of you guys with a lot of time and energy see if that works for ya? Tuning 4 carbs would keep your hands busy.

Edited by misterww225