yfz/shee hybrid R2 pipes mounted up tonite

i have redone a few absolute TURDS in the past. its amaxing what they can look like after a nice wash and some touch up.

the cr500 trike i have went threw a few FULL frames before i was happy with it and it STILL dosent have the frame powdercoated yet i plan on redoing the subby and some of the ignition mounts and radiator mounts some day..

i just bought another roller chassis. no motor so it will be the "practice" one just going to throw together a simple 350cc motor i am planing on using a diff radiator adn doing the mounts MUCH differnt. i'll take pics as i start on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how everyone gets hung up on looks. This thing has to earn a paint job around my place. I bought this thing cheap and you can tell but im sure not going to do this to a perfect yfz. I might ride it for a year looking like this just cause everyone will think its junk then i will go out and spank them when they are taking me lightly.I about have my new motor put together i will ride it hopefully next weekend at are first test and tune of the year. We will see. Thomas those t4s dont look to bad most pipes i have seen on the net on these look bad.

rubeat,

hows that thing run is it definetly worth the swap how easy is setting up the front mounts did u ever make a bottom mount? Obviously the back mount and pipes took a bit of work but it came out great. i have been collecting parts to do this build and just need a doner yfz any other major mods or parts i wouldnt think of? hows that yfz radiator working? is the shifter still in a decent spot?

thanks Jimmy

the shifter is too far away need about 1 inch taken off. thaks for the pipes comment starting to install the plastic(some trimming to do) and mount the cpu and need the do the dc converision to run the dc yfz 450 fan, waiting for some parts to arrive.

first trip to glamis is may 6,7 2011, repaort back with info. mean while i'll post more when i hit more mile stones. taxes are taking alot of my time. oh btw my old banshee parted out for like 800+ dollars and the roller(semi roller) was like 500.00.

p.s. i won't post the left side pipes untill i have more money to fab it in frame( out of frame right now, it works)

may try some kind of drag pipe.

rubeat,

hows that thing run is it definetly worth the swap how easy is setting up the front mounts did u ever make a bottom mount? Obviously the back mount and pipes took a bit of work but it came out great. i have been collecting parts to do this build and just need a doner yfz any other major mods or parts i wouldnt think of? hows that yfz radiator working? is the shifter still in a decent spot?

thanks Jimmy

Front mounts wasnt to bad i used the yfz mounts just swap sides and bend 90 degrees at the bends in the mount. Hope you understand that.Yes i made a bottom mount i took them off the shee and welded a 3/4" strap across frame and welded them to it.It was pretty simple.The raditor works pretty good so far i didnt ride it much and it was pretty cold i have it tore down now going threw motor and a little paint for everyone on here.The shifter i cut about a inch and half off of the straight part.I will get some more pics today of the mounts i should have it running by next weekend. Thanks Mike

help me out some one named skeeter thinks i'm wasting my time money what ever, is there something i'm missing here?

puting my fastest, funest cheaper to rebuild than a fourjoke engine into a lighter stronger better in most ways chassie is some how

a waste of any thing. not to mention it did not cost my anything to build.

rolling yfz 450 chassie with plastics and extras 300.00

1996 banshee part out 950.00 ( less engine and stuff)

I did a work trade for a pro fabricator to make the engine mount up and intake and exhaust.

sooo i'm i making some kind of down grade?

i do understand that the pipes are compromised by cutting and changing them ( I'm ok with this)

could some one tell me a down side to this setup ( I 95% dune )

Edited by thomas h.

I have nothing but good things to say about it. Some people just talk crap about everything. I wont ever go back to a banshee frame. My pipes i didnt change anything on them except cut them loose and straighten up the ends and turn them and weld back.I lengthened the mid pipes about 2 inchs i dont see that changing anything.I have heard it all ,it wont be balanced ,it will throw chains ,it cant be done , it will look like crap. I just did it because i wanted to and i have a yfz and like how it handles. I can go between them both and its easier to switch back and forth. I did all of mine myself this winter it was to cold to do anything else so my time was cheap. I do horseshoe drags and are first test and tune is saturday hope to have mine back together in time im not sure i will gain anything on the corner or the launch i will see.Im pretty sure i have lost some weight i dont know how much.

Long travel is tight wiring is done (not tested), plastics fit, chain done, plugs and caps done

tonight flush brakes, install dyno kit from alba, clean air filter , and change oil,

waiting on rear grab bar and rear skid plate

if test ride goes well, DC conversion.

pic's up tommarow. talked to nn2 a.k.a yfzrd and his project hybrid stalled, he want more upgrades and it got on to the back burner.

he said his rode great with a +5 swing arm "great hole shots"

thought i would document my jetting had 310rd main, o35 pilot, o5n7 middle clip

alba recommend from my specs 310rd main, 32.5 pilot, dno 304 i think 4th down( I'll call them tommarow )

I have toomy t-4's, 4 mil crank, dual foam filter, stock heads and timing, cool head( cc unknown )