Banshee vs yfz450

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all that yfz needs is an agressive cam badass portjob,valve job, tuning and he's got you. Up your game on your engine.

i have no idea whos building in texas but Racers Edge is in Arizona.

That's true that I need to up my game on my engine compared to the guys on the HQ.....I wanted to see how much power I could get out of basically a stock engine with a little porting & bolt-ons.......but all the guys I ride with have 4jokes which makes me look very fast. One has a CR250R dirtbike that runs ok until I hit 3rd gear. The other bike is a honda 450r with a 87 CR500 powered engine but its not finished, modded 660R raptor, CRF450R, modded CRF250R, modded KFX250R, 700R raptor, modded yfz 450 & 400EX.

That's true that I need to up my game on my engine compared to the guys on the HQ.....I wanted to see how much power I could get out of basically a stock engine with a little porting & bolt-ons.......but all the guys I ride with have 4jokes which makes me look very fast. One has a CR250R dirtbike that runs ok until I hit 3rd gear. The other bike is a honda 450r with a 87 CR500 powered engine but its not finished, modded 660R raptor, CRF450R, modded CRF250R, modded KFX250R, 700R raptor, modded yfz 450 & 400EX.

Get yourself the "Wampus" cylinders... They are cast like a stock cylinder from the out side even though they are a mono block and can come in Serval (trail /dune) timings or Cheetah cub (drag) timings... I personally would build a 4 mil "421 Wampus" with the Serval timings...with right pipes - carbs - etc, you will have 80 + hp and wont know wha to do with it.

Hell, you'd probably give that CR 500 fits.

My bike is like yours OP. Just an all around trail bike. I put a strong emphasis on strait line fun when i modded it though. What gives me my edge in a drag race is traction, gear selection and my override. I won a lot of races i would of lost if i didnt have an override. And without my tires, i would have lost most of them if not all.

i use to have a 450trx and i would smoke most of the stock cylinder banshees that were dune ported.

my 450 was a non aggresive dune build.

i use to have a 450trx and i would smoke most of the stock cylinder banshees that were dune ported.

Speaking off my experience, maybe the guys that we're riding the stock cylinder banshee couldn't ride or Im just a better rider than my cousin on his trx 450.

I make his trx 450 look like a TURTLE.......lol.....I think it's the rider.

^ So what you are saying is, you actually have to go out there and race to find out?

I don't have to race him or his rider because I already punished them for disrespecting the infamous 350 twin yamaha banshee....... :rotflmao:

But if he gotta go spend more money in his 4 joke to beat me, I'll just build a 4mil cub & tell him the only thing I'm giving him is the other side of the road!

Don't step into a MAN'S face wanting to fight & expect me to treat you like a little BOY!

Speaking off my experience, maybe the guys that we're riding the stock cylinder banshee couldn't ride or Im just a better rider than my cousin on his trx 450.

I make his trx 450 look like a TURTLE.......lol.....I think it's the rider.

^ So what you are saying is, you actually have to go out there and race to find out?

I don't have to race him or his rider because I already punished them for disrespecting the infamous 350 twin yamaha banshee....... :rotflmao:

But if he gotta go spend more money in his 4 joke to beat me, I'll just build a 4mil cub & tell him the only thing I'm giving him is the other side of the road!

Don't step into a MAN'S face wanting to fight & expect me to treat you like a little BOY!

Just practice the hole shot. Don't just rev the motor and dump the clutch, these things just blow the tires off every time if you do. Try locking the front brakes and loading the bike's suspension up by slipping the clutch just a hair while your on the throttle. Friggin 450's walking on banshees, pshhhhhh. Those things may be torque monsters and all, but they pretty much peak at around 65HP with full tilt motors.(big bore, stroker, porting, valves, etc.) Not to many of those out there compared to built banshees though. Fortunately for me I have had a built banshee before the 450's even came out in 2004, and have only beat by one 450 ever thanks to Brad Tyson's fuggin handy TURBO skills. Damn thing made 105 HP without touching the bottle of spray on the bumper. Too bad it was half as reliable as any banshee. Not to mention that when it does let go it would cost 3 times as much to rebuild.

they dont peak out at 65.

my buddies trx is at 67.5 non stroker.

It's a drag race. Set up > power.

If you are so confident you will win, then you wouldnt of made this thread ;)

Since I made this thread I read whats been added on this thread & obviously you didn't. Once again we are keeping them trail ridable bikes & in our spare time we just drag race them in front of my house. Im more than confident that I will win because I don't know what it feels like to lose to a 4 stroke & plus I'm nice at what I do & that's riding my bike or should I say my BIKES.(07-GSXR 1000, banshee & CR250R). I made this thread to see what mods could he get done to his yfz450 other than what I already listed he had done & I beat the shit out of him every race with them mods. If it's was that serious I could easy spend $1500 on me a 4mil set-up, but it's not that serious. When I find out how to put video's up here I will show you how I beat him last year. Not once but twice on video.

• 4 months later...