Banshee vs yfz450

Piss on the cheetah, go with the straight cub, good thinking on the Shearer's though. It'll probably end up being a serious runner. Gonna run it off pump gas?

BTW.... are you saying I dont have options on setup? Just curious as to the level of your ignorance. :cheers:

yea you deff dont want a cheeta cub a straight cub is much betta..

4 strokes have to rev that high to make any power.

my old 350cc rev'd to like 11,500-12k and made just under 100hp.

most 450cc bikes i ahve seen rev to about 10,500 and make average of about 60ish. yippie.. what does RPM have to do with it anyways? the ds and rappy 700's are making a shit ton more HP/tq than the 450's are with less rpm/.. most of them are done around 8000 to 8500

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not many ways a twin cub cannot lose to a single 4stroke firing on every other stroke. it just cant happen. they should be twice as fast...

We have been through this before. I think we need the fastest 2 and 4 stroke class with 500cc being the limit..N.A. stock cases, chassis...

depends on the racers..

should there be a $$$ limit to what the race bikes cost?

to get a 500cc yfz to run witha 500cc super cub or cheeta 7 mill is going to take some cash.. and i am sure the 500cc yfz with shit the crank out the cases long before the twin banshee motor would have a problem.

yea you deff dont want a cheeta cub a straight cub is much betta..

4 strokes have to rev that high to make any power.

my old 350cc rev'd to like 11,500-12k and made just under 100hp.

most 450cc bikes i ahve seen rev to about 10,500 and make average of about 60ish. yippie.. what does RPM have to do with it anyways? the ds and rappy 700's are making a shit ton more HP/tq than the 450's are with less rpm/.. most of them are done around 8000 to 8500

I know they are making the torque way before the HP takes over. I think you ment the 2 strokes have to rev that high to make any power..and I THINK torque might get you up to speed faster. idk.

+1 Most 421's peak tq is what my bike will carry through out the entire powerband

Ya there is no chance of a 500cc, 2 vs 4 stroke challenge. It would be unfair with stock cases...maybe when they come out with the twin 4stroke 350 they will bite...

and how high/fast they rev will mean something....efficiency of the 2 stroke has limits...torque will get you there

Edited by BasicBajaX

Its not the crank that I would be worried about getting shit out. I would be more worried about that DOHC head coming apart, because that will be the weak link if a builder balances the crank to match the piston, then vibration would really be cut down.

Look at the Ferrari F1 engines. The technology is there for single cylinder 4 strokes...maybe not 12 cylinders but 2..not a problem. gocanam

Thanks for all the extra knowledge BHQ fam, but im leaning towards building a 68 x 58 CUB. O yea I didn't know there was a difference in a CHeetah Cub & just a straight CUB. I thought they named CUB short for CHEETAH CUB :confused: Well I learned something new today.... :cheers: Thanks BHQ.

welp untill someone brings a ferrari out on the strip i'm not going to be scred of a 450.. plus i cannot even fathom being able to afford one of those high rev v-12's.. i'd much rather have a corvette anyday

i thought something felt differnt after i installed that throttle!!!

Unless you guys are racing 450's a lot more powerful than I am you shouldn't need to much more than bolt ons in order to beat one in a straight line drag race. I've raced both YFZ-450's and TRX-450R's that have built motors and I beat them and I have the stock cylinders punched .020 with no port work and just about every performance bolt on you can think of. The YFZ-450's I have raced just had exhaust, air filters and a few other small things but I had a buddy that bought a TRX-450R with a full HRC Kit (Shaved Head, Cam, .040 bore, Pistons, Air Filter, Fuel pump, Carb Work, Exhaust) and I beat him racing 300ft, 1/8 mile, 1/4mile. When we first started playing around I had 13/42 gearing and he would smoke my ass. I ended up going with a 15 tooth front sprocket and it made a huge difference. He had to fight to keep the front end down and I didn't. We could go from a dead stop on pavement and I could launch my Banshee around about half throttle and it would spin just a tad and pull the front wheels about about a foot off the ground in 1st and I was gone. That being said when I shifted from 3rd to 4th he would start catching me fast real fast, when his front tires go even with my foot pegs my Banshee would start pulling again.

If we raced 10 times I would beat him 7 out of 10 racing a 1/8 mile, and in 300ft he couldn't touch me. I ended up putting a set of Keihin PWK 28mm Carburetors on my Banshee to eliminate that weak spot in my power band where where he would draw in so hard between 3rd and 4rth gears and he sold his TRX-450 to buy a Harley before I got the chance to race him again. That being said I haven't had the chance to race the EFI 450's.

welp untill someone brings a ferrari out on the strip i'm not going to be scred of a 450.. plus i cannot even fathom being able to afford one of those high rev v-12's.. i'd much rather have a corvette anyday

i thought something felt differnt after i installed that throttle!!!

Your right man, Corvette all the way....... The V-12's didn't have any luck when Chevrolet brought the new 638hp LS-9 Corvette ZR-1 into the picture it out performed them in every performance category, and the only thing the Italian's could say was GM needed to plush up there interior and quit making everything out of plastic! :cheers:

This how we race. & that's my cousin on his stock stroke dune ported banshee vs the yfz 450 that set up for drag racing. The 450 is faster now than what you see on here.

banshee came back & nosed the yfz 450 out

Cousin patting the throttle on the yfz 450

Edited by 252wheelieking