Banshee vs yfz450

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stock cylinder banshees can be made really fast adn reliable,.

no matter what 450's are time bombs they are ready to blow at any minute over the 65hp mark i dont care what you guys say they are piles of shit ( in my opinion) for drag racing the thing that makes them seem fast IS the broad powerband they somewhat have and the high rpm mark they are capable of hitting the bike as a whole is much lighter than a banshee also.

to handle a mighty motor inthe trails 80+hp and high tq, you will need a lot of proper suspension and a lot of respect for it.. my personal trail bike is a 421 stock cylinder alky 4 mill and its a blast in the trails, dunes. but drag racing the swingarm is just not nearly long enough its about the same as a -1 on std banshee frame. it wheelies like crazy..

just go race the dude..

Did they ever race what happened?

We suppose to have raced Friday but he claims his rider has to get use to the new american racer tires he just put on. He called me yesterday & said he was coming over here tommorrow 6-15-11 & race me. Im going to record all the passes & show you guys how my stock stroke HJR dune ported banshee drag this 4joke turtle. His rider is 165lbs & im 220lbs. Watch the videos....Kevin @ HJR is a beast at what he do!.... :headbang:

Well he didn't come over my house to race, so I went to his neighborhood & raced him. Sadly to say I got my ass kicked. banghead

I ran out of gear. I ran 14 & 40 sprockets & it wouldn't pull on top side & he would just walk away from me. We raced three times & the same thing happen. I usually run 16 & 40 with 18cc domes on 100LL av gas. I had pump 93 with 21cc domes in & 14 & 40. My cousin didn't record the race because he was too busy watching the race his self. We lost $250, but I don't feel bad cause I lost with a dune/play ported stock stroke 352cc banshee with dirt tires & it was only buy 1 bike.

He was set-up nice tho....head porting, web cam, high compression piston, 44 lectron carbs large filter pods, WR 450 dirtbike crank, Curtis sparks full exhaust, skinnies on front, American racers on the rear, lowered to the ground with straight bars, 15 & 38 sprockets. Basically a straight up yfz450 drag bike. I was giving him hell with my HJR dune ported motor with dirt tires & I had stock suspension.

Now im going to buy a bigger set-up & lower it to the ground for drag racing. I have not made up my mind what to get yet tho. Im thinking drag ported 4mil Cheetah Cub or drag ported stock stroke Cheetah Cub.

Oh yeah & I know I was talking alot of shit & got the shit beat out of me...... :rotflmao:

That's what me & my homies always do to each other when we racing......... :shrugani: I LOST

Edited by 252wheelieking

Damn bro, I was cheering for you hoping you come back with good news. Its all good once you go with the 4mill Cub you will have no worries and you will be able to get your $250 back off him.

Well he didn't come over my house to race, so I went to his neighborhood & raced him. Sadly to say I got my ass kicked. banghead

I ran out of gear. I ran 14 & 40 sprockets & it wouldn't pull on top side & he would just walk away from me. We raced three times & the same thing happen. I usually run 16 & 40 with 18cc domes on 100LL av gas. I had pump 93 with 21cc domes in & 14 & 40. My cousin didn't record the race because he was too busy watching the race his self. We lost $250, but I don't feel bad cause I lost with a dune/play ported stock stroke 352cc banshee with dirt tires & it was only buy 1 bike.

He was set-up nice tho....head porting, web cam, high compression piston, 44 lectron carbs large filter pods, WR 450 dirtbike crank, Curtis sparks full exhaust, skinnies on front, American racers on the rear, lowered to the ground with straight bars, 15 & 38 sprockets. Basically a straight up yfz450 drag bike. I was giving him hell with my HJR dune ported motor with dirt tires & I had stock suspension.

Now im going to buy a bigger set-up & lower it to the ground for drag racing. I have not made up my mind what to get yet tho. Im thinking drag ported 4mil Cheetah Cub or drag ported stock stroke Cheetah Cub.

Oh yeah & I know I was talking alot of shit & got the shit beat out of me...... :rotflmao:

That's what me & my homies always do to each other when we racing......... :shrugani: I LOST

Damn bro, I was cheering for you hoping you come back with good news. Its all good once you go with the 4mill Cub you will have no worries and you will be able to get your $250 back off him.

I believe I could've beat him if I would've left it like it was when I went to busco beach. 16 & 40 sprockets & 18cc domes running 100LL & +6 timing. But it's time to go 4mil anyways....I'm done with the stock stroke...... :shrugani:

Its all in the setup and rider...what was the length of the race???? I just trail ride my shee but its the same on sleds. I race 500' with snowmobiles and its basically first one to hook up.

Here is a video of last years race. My helmet cam is on my buddies head, hes on a Viper 700 trip with speedworx head, SLP pipes, clutch work (I did the clutch setup) and we both had 1.5" track. Im two lanes over on the left with my "little 600" twin stock pipe, my clutch work, geared down one tooth and reeds...he has me in hp by at least 35-40hp. All day my sled was hooking up good and beating other 600,700,800's that had way more hp then me and talk about people being pissed off. This was just my trail sled to :D

:rotflmao:

Its all in the setup and rider...what was the length of the race???? I just trail ride my shee but its the same on sleds. I race 500' with snowmobiles and its basically first one to hook up.

Here is a video of last years race. My helmet cam is on my buddies head, hes on a Viper 700 trip with speedworx head, SLP pipes, clutch work (I did the clutch setup) and we both had 1.5" track. Im two lanes over on the left with my "little 600" twin stock pipe, my clutch work, geared down one tooth and reeds...he has me in hp by at least 35-40hp. All day my sled was hooking up good and beating other 600,700,800's that had way more hp then me and talk about people being pissed off. This was just my trail sled to :D

That's very true about the set-up & rider. We raced 1/8th mile, but he had a fully drag bike with 165lb rider on 110 race fuel & I lost by 1 bike..... :rotflmao: I wouldv'e smoked that drag set-up with the 16 on the front +6 timing, 100LL av gas & SB IF Shearers. But I didn't , I lost & im never losing to him again.....All that shit he had done to that bike & he only beat me by 1 bike. Not to mention he had a lock up, so he wasn't slipping at all....... :rotflmao: Wait till I build my drag SHEE.... :dance:

Edited by 252wheelieking

Just put the bike back to the way it was and race again beating him with a full drag bike wont be as much fun.

I used to race a 73 vw bettle that I built ran 11.90 at 110 mph on race fuel it was a street car and boy did it piss of the v8 guys, everyone I knew wanted me to make it into a drag car it would have been 1 to 1.5 seconds faster but

it was more fun doing it in a street car!!!

But a full drag quad would be fun :headbang: if your only a bike behide you dont need a drag quad

cool keep us posted

Im a pretty good rider i know im good at shifting in a drag and my banshee has a dessent amount of mods and i can walk all over a yfz that has a 580 big bore? i think with 49mm carb ported head bigger valves custom grounded cam its a high duration so its for drag racing high comp piston its a 13.5:1 and i can beat him by about 6 links in a 300 now thats not top speed he might get me in the top my bikes geared to about 95 but a banshee an a yfz are couplety diffrent bikes a yfz is for the woods so THEY SHOULD STAY IN THE WOODS and a banshee is for top end u can make them have buttom but idk why you would? so a banshee is for drags its not right for a banshee to drag a yfz unless the yfz guy thinks his fast as hell then u just gotta show him up! haha

why did you change the setup that you knew worked? if i was going to race a dude that called me out and said he'd got his shit together i surely wouldnt show up with a lesser set-up on my end..

you lost that 250 your self from being lazy. dang dude.! pin it to win it!!