Transmission fluid...what type should I use...?

MorrisJL

I have ued Bel Ray in the past and it was a pain in the ass to find neutral in the cold which has always been a problem with the Banshee. I switched to ATF Type F and have been using it ever since. Had my cases apart a few months ago and everything looked good. I was told by the builder that ATF Type F works just fine but suggested I change it every couple of Dune trips. I am runing a 4mill and dont have much trouble with the clutch slipping or sticking. ATF is cheap and can be found just about anywhere if you ever need it which is always nice.

All, Thanks for the replies and suggestions... I ended up going with the MTL clutch saver.... Its really all i could find in this small town...I wanted to go with the Honda HP, but couldn't find it. ATF didn't seem like a bad option, but because I found the clutch saver I didn't go with it. When I changed the trans oil, the oil that came out was gray...not to sure what type of fluid it was but I remember reading something about a type of oil turning gray... Well now I need to inspect the brakes, then bleed and change the fluid... also I manage to pull a secondary lead from the ignition coil out of the left cylinder plug cap yesterday... not sure if I need to replace the coil completely or just the secondary lead/plug cap.