Blaster no crankcase fluid

PowerBander

Ok so last season myself on my banshee, cousin on his rappy 700, and friend on his blaster. We were heading back to my house for lunch when my friends 4-wheeler just stops running. We had a hard time to start it for a while, so we checked to see if the air filter was wet and if possibly some water got in the motor, filter was dry. My cousin jumped on and gave her a few kicks and it started right up. He made it about a 1/2 mile before it stalled again, this time the kick start seized up and wasn't budging a bit, 190 lbs on it, it didn't move. Cousin got his truck and we brought my friend home. A few weeks later my friend had told me he didn't have oil in the crankcase, turns out he had no idea with most 2-strokes you need to put oil in the crankcase. A few days after that at the lunch table at school I was talking to my buddies about how my crank dipstick was cross-threaded and my buddy with the blaster told me, "Mine just has a tube" I thought to myself wtf is he talking about? He's like ya its just a tube you pour the oil in. lol turns out he didn't even have a dipstick, so any water and dirt could easily creep its way into the crankcase, all my buddys got a kick out of the "crankcase tube".

this thread has epic all over it

sorry to hear about your buddies loss, ive never heard that one before.

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand all this exactly. I've got a Blaster too and there is no dipstick on 'em. The tranny oil goes into a fill cap that looks like any other fill cap, but there's no dipstick attached to it. There's this little window on the lower rear end of the engine on the right side - it sucks 'cause you can never really tell if your oil is getting low unless it's cold and been sitting a while and you use a flashlight to look at it. Best to just drain and refill the damn thing often.