how can i check if i have a good crank?

and a good manual i prefer either the OEM OR a haynes clymer i didnt like much

i thought thats how you break in a new motor is rev it solid for 2 minutes?

actually thats how i diagnosed the bad crank i redlined it till it stopped running and my frend sed however many minutes that took thats how many degrees out of true my crank is! it was actually 31 degrees out of true!!! good thing i cought this before it broke down in the woods! i will make sure to test my new crank in this manner to make sure my new one is really trued!!

and a good manual i prefer either the OEM OR a haynes clymer i didnt like much

i thought thats how you break in a new motor is rev it solid for 2 minutes?

actually thats how i diagnosed the bad crank i redlined it till it stopped running and my frend sed however many minutes that took thats how many degrees out of true my crank is! it was actually 31 degrees out of true!!! good thing i cought this before it broke down in the woods! i will make sure to test my new crank in this manner to make sure my new one is really trued!!

how do i measure ea. of those? whats the tool called for measuring these tolerances?

Side clearance is measured with feeler gauges , other two with dial indicater. Feeler gauges between rod and crank -side clr. The other two almost impossible to put in words see manual. You can check the big end brg by pulling /pushing on small end of rod. If it moves more than 1/4 of a pussy hair , you might have a problem. Same with side to side of small end. This is on of the few times that a man needs instructions :angry: .BUY a manual :dance: JMHO, your results may vary :jesterlaugh::jesterlaugh::jesterlaugh: