Strikeforce HW tourney

Michael Jackson

hey man, its was 10:34, give me a break.

anyway,heres some quotes from Fedor, from the strikeforce press conference the other day:

- Fedor - "I made an error in my previous fight...but nothing has changed inside of me. I train harder and hope to do better in my next fight."

- I'm very proud to be in the tournament. Very proud to represent my country.

- I'm happy to fight anyone. Silva is a very tough opponent. We've crossed paths in locker rooms. He's always been very cordial.

- This tournament is just as good or better than the Pride tournaments.

- I wouldn't mind training with someone like Shane Carwin, but I will probably be training in Russia.

- If people think they've found my biggest weakness, let them try to exploit it.

Silvas quote: "- "I know I can beat him…at the right time God gave me the right fight"" , apparently god was in charge of the first round match ups.

more info: overeem's belt is not on the line, the winner of the tourney will THEN fight overeem for the belt, after the tourney. so if overeem wins, i guess he fights himself?

just for fun:

ufc121postfightpictureb.jpg

0.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Dana was right. Fedor isn't nearly as good as everyone else thought he was. He sure took an ass whipping there.

maybe time to go to LHW if he wishes to continue? hes 6'ft 230...and could easily lose 30 pounds without a problem

who knows... from the sounds of his post fight speeches, hes really thinking about retiring .. hes so young though, couture was kicking ass well into his 40's

i guess the chances of him coming to UFC HW division are done now, probably kicking himself in the ass for not accepting the huge deal dana offered him several times

i sure felt bad watching him take that beating though, silva with his giant hand around his neck just landing blows to the face one after another, thats gotta be one of the worst eyes in such a short amount of time ever, it looked turrible , just turrible

20110212092546_IMG_9596.JPG

20110212092630_IMG_9322.JPG

silva's body is so weird, he has the body of an 8 foot giant, but hes only 6'4"

Couple things to add here...

1. Fedor would be fine and could still fight if he would move weight classes. He was fine when skilled heavy weights where 6 foot 2 and weighed 240lbs. Now they are 6 foot 5 and cut weight to make 265, he is simply too small too compete with the monsters of the heavy weight class now, last night proved it. He got beat by an ogre that really isnt that skilled.

2. Michael Jackson, yes I agree Silva does have the wierdest body ive ever seen in MMA, size 18 feet, head of a damn sasquatch, but really isnt an overly massive guy.

3. I say Fedor is done, lost to UFC can (werdum, really?) and now lost to someone who wasnt even a top 10 heavyweight, Fedor is done.

Edited by theshee

Gotta say I rooted for Fedor. Looked like a slug and over the years kicked everyones ass. As far as him cutting to 205, I have to ask why? He proved over the years he was the man. His time has come to hang it up. I'm sure he has made some decent money so be done with it. Seems like a real gentleman in all the fights/interviews I've seen as well. Orlovski needs to hang it up too. He looked dead. Knocked out 4X in a row should clue you in its time to move on.

Only reason to move down is if he WANTS to continue fighting. If he wants to continue, i think thats his best route.

Agreed. Everyone that thinks Fedor is so good needs to go back and look at his record. He has been fighting guys that have no business being in the cage with him for years. Half of them are UFC rejects who couldn't cut it in the big show. His best wins were back in 2005 in Pride. Since then he has been fighting mediocre competition. Just because a guy is undefeated or close to it, doesn't mean he is the greatest ever.

You want a prime example? Look up Antonio McKee.