Strikeforce HW tourney

Michael Jackson

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5989025

nmxjyg.jpg

strikeforcebracket_84480.jpg

bracket seems a bit lopsided..youd think they would be pulling for the finals to be fedor VS reem, but apparently this is the setup. looks like unless something crazy happens, we will get to see them match up in the semifinals anyway, i predict the fat man goes down hard by a huge right or an uberknee

It never happens....

define "it"? :confused:

it looks like fedor VS reem is inevitable unless somehow bigfoot beats fedor (lol.. although fedor is pretty fat)

and werdum will be lucky to walk out of the ring with his head still on his shoulders

fedor will go down hard, and then the excuses will pour in from his nutthuggers

Have you followed any of Fedor's or Reem's past fight negotiations and such? They are two of the most impossibly retarded people to get in the cage. I won't believe it until they are standing across from each other.

yea fedor and his management are douche bags, no doubt, but hes in ! new contract has been signed

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Fedor-Signs-4-Fight-Deal-with-Strikeforce-29188

if you havnt seen it, checkout the 1 hour long interview on "The Voice VS The Reem" (HDnet series)

not sure where to find online though, sorry

allistair is a very smart, well spoken guy. he had some choice words for/about fedor and his management in that interview.

basically saying fedor and his management have been using "tricks" for years to get what they want, weather it be choice opponents (obviously) or schedule, etc, whatever it may be, they clearly cater to him and allistair said it.

another thing allistair touched on in the interview, no one is in charge of you, you are your own man, (he was relating this to fedor), if his management does shady shit (he said "unrighteous things") and you dont approve, fire them and get new management. he went on to relate it to himself, and said, that if his management was gona interfere with him fighting the best in the world, or going to the UFC, then he would fire them and get new managers, like fedor should have fired them a long time ago, because at this point where its been going on for years, the only person to blame is fedor himself. i agree

imagine a scenario like the one thats currently happening in strikeforce, happening in UFC?! imagine everyone dodging cain , not wanting a title shot!? its crazy to imagine, but thats exactly what seems to be happening in strikeforce... until now.

but on the other hand, if anyone was going to back out on short notice... "the last emperor" would be the one to do it. but with the fight only a month away.. and fedor and his management having signed the deal... it looks like its happening.

what types of excuses will his fans have after he loses 2 in a row is what im most curious to see (they clearly gave him an easy first round pass scheduling him to fight bigfoot silva)

Like I said, until I see this shit begin, I don't believe it's happening. UFC HW division is kind of fucked up right now. If SF can pull off this tournament it will be huge for them.

i understand where you are coming from, given fedor and strikeforces history, but cmon man, have some faith! :D

i cant wait!

and like some said about cain... "i hurt my shoulder , i need 8 months off" is slang for "im doing a cycle, brb" :rotflmao:

god knows hes gona need it ... guy almost got KTFO by kongo.. who frank mir humiliated and dropped with one punch on the feet... maybe his brown pride homies will jason miller his next opponent for him when he ends up on the losing end of his title defense (whenever that might be)

im with tyler, i just dont see Fedor ever standing across overeem in the cage... Some bullshit will come up and fedor will get out of it in some way or another.

im still on the fence on that one... I will watch it, and look forward to those two fighting as well. I am just not looking forward to reading everything JDS says on the bottom of the screen like we had to when Noguira was a coach, and what is Brock going to teach fighters? If he wasnt a damn Ogre his fighting skill set would do nothing but get him killed. But you cant hardly argue with those two fighting for the interim belt, the more i have thought about it who else is there while Cain is out? Struve, Mir, Schaub?

yea i think the TUC coaches choice makes great sense, from a money standpoint at least,

brock is the biggest money maker the UFC has ever seen, its win win, if he beats JDS then the brock hype machine is alive again, and it leads into a huge rematch with cain. if he loses, then JDS is dana white's new "baddest sob" and sets up a huge title fight between two awesome strikers, hopefully for JDS it stays on the feet.

JDS speaks pretty decent english, and can obviously bring tons of good talent in to help his team. brock is a world class wrestler, which has proven to be probably the best core skills to have coming into mma. so there is plenty he has to offer, for anything other than wrestling he will have to bring in outside help.. maybe hell bring in couture for some help, as he trained with them before his fight with cain. on the other hand, koshchek was just coach, lol

its pretty cool that JDS WANTED to fight again, and not just sit around waiting for cain to heal for his title shot like many others would want to do. people are whining saying its no fair since he already earned a title shot (title shots seem to come much easier in HW division than the others,from the lack of talent i guess), but if he loses to brock, then he never deserved a title shot anyway. i dont think i heard anything about an interim belt though, not that it matters either way, i think its just a fight for the chance at Cain, whenever hes done with his cycle.

i think people are ruling carwin out way too quick though.. he fucked brocks world up and destroyed mir.. the fight with brock could have very well been stopped, and then the whole situation would be totally different right now. i think carwin would have had a much better chance against cain, possibly knocking him the fuck out in the first couple mins, and then where would cains fan club be? wins over noguera and lesnar, congrats bro, nice tattoo. cain is overhyped, like every other guy that gets the HW belt,, hes got wins over 2 respectable opponents.. brock lesnar being one of them., the guy is supposed to be such a superior stirker, yet was getting schooled by kongo and almost got knocked the fuck out... meanwhile a guy like mir, who everyone says his stand up sucks (yet he knocked noguera the FUCK out, same as cain) and he fuckin rocked kongos world on the feet then choked the shit out of him.

fedor and reem need to get their faggot asses into the UFC

if all goes as planned, and fedor doesnt bitch out, i say reem sweeps the strikeforce tourney and retains belt. they try to negotiate huge rematch with fedor for strikeforce belt after, negotiations hit a stale mate while fedor balloons to 260, reem finally fed up moves to the USA and decapitates every HW in the division

either way, we got some great heavyweight action coming up here in the ufc and strikeforce, looking forward to a lot of good fights