THINK ITS time to get money back

stroking

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well its the owners call...im putting this engine together for someone,i just hate to put it together and have it blow after only a few passes on it,so i'm going to let him decide what he wants to do....that way if it blows he wont be surprised

some how it seems to be trued and it turns without any wobble on the webs even though there not straight

and i think this is not the $800 crank that the owner paid for,this looks like the $290 one

guess i better get ready to spend another $40 to ship it back

There is no way in hell you or he (the guy you're building it for) should be eating shipping on this...clearly it's not your fault.

I'd be returning it in favor of a hot rod or better quality crank, period.

i paid shipping every time,and the owner had this last crank and cases (nextday$$$$) shipped back to me!....and its got to go back again..more money on shipping.

OK Guys , I have compiled a world of information for all of you. It will be posted in a new Post titled Crankshafts Design .

Following are 7 pictures and they have the sorce listed. You all know who the companies that are listed. These are all different manufacturers. Look at the pictures and see for yourself. All the webs are not lined up. All have larger flywheel and PTO or clutch side webs than the centers do. This is done by the engineers at the factory. The fact that the webs do not line up has nothing to do with the trueness or balance of the crankshafts. There is nothing wrong with any of these crankshafts. I will cover the topics of design , Rocking couple, torsional twist, static balance, dynamic balance, and more in the new post.

HotRods4mm.jpg

2Strokeshop-1.jpg

wsm.jpg

JCwhitneyRaider.jpg

ManufacturersSupply.jpg

Vitos.jpg

mm.jpg

Edited by TDR_50

i dont rember the factory spec but i do think its 1.85ish?

Factory specs do not apply here because the webs are not machined to the same exact dimensions.

Edited by TDR_50

Also for reference the stock factory Yamaha crankshaft has 3 mm clearence on thicker outside web and 5mm clearence on the inner web. The webs are slightly misaligned as well. If you look at all the crankshafts in the previous post you will see that the rod in not centered between the webs.

stc1.jpg

Edited by TDR_50

i got another one from wicked and it also is not alien,and he did explain to me why they are like that,has to do with the balance of the crank

and the LAST TDR crank i got is true too .001,the webs was what had me worried...but now i know why they are like that.

and after seeing 3 vito 10mils cranks separate in less than a year,i was just being careful.