First Time to Glamis

Bri894

Thanks Matt. I called OHMRV and they said I'm cool with my NJ registration. You only need an out of state sticker if your state doesn't register ATV's (it cost $30). I do need a pass for my rental car to ride onto the dunes area. It cost $20 plus $5 shipping. They get you for $40 if you buy it when you get there.

As for insurance is use Rider. It cost me $138 per year for my 99 Shee and my 09 Can Am Renegae 800x.

There is the Glamis Beach Store at Glamis, you can get beer and food there. It will be pricey. At the Pads, you are close to the drags. Those are awesome to watch on big weekends. Get a CA sticker at the Beach Store and make sure you have a flag.

Your bike is set up just fine. Buy premix before you get there, it will be cheaper.

Prez Day will be a very busy weekend, so be careful.

I will be south of you for that weekend at Gordons Well.

This place is on the way to Glamis a couple of blocks off the freeway in El Cajon (15 miles east of San Diego):

http://www.motoworldracing.com/index.htm

It's a ATV friendly shop that has everything you should need....oil, chemicals, passes, etc.

The next exit east off the freeway has race fuel at the pump...across the street from Arco.

• 3 weeks later...

I'll be on Pad 3 from the 16th-21st coming out from San Diego. If you wrong coasters need me to bring out some parts just PM me and I'll pick 'em up on the way.

Look for the "Camp Host" site....I'll be there!! I'll have orange safety cones on the roof of my 80's sand colored 28' class A RV.

You will not need to rejet. Make sure you have good lights. Those stock shee lights aint gonna cut it. Buy a LED flashlight as well and keep it in your pocket. Im fucking jealous guys. Have fun. And ride safe. Be careful if you have never been there b4. Watch out for the kiddie tracks along gecko rd and be careful when riding the dunes. You will be rippin thru them and come over the top of them and they might just DROP! Just take it easy for a bit b4 you get the feel for the terrain. Hang out with Wacko. He is a good friend of mine and def one of the best riders I know. The first day we were there he foubd out how the dunes could really drop off. Almost ate it bigtime comming over a dune. Think he had a little more respect after that. You are in for the trip of a lifetime.

• 2 months later...

No, it's not required, but I insure everything I own. God forbid that I hit a doctor or lawyer while out riding, and paralyze him, and have to pay his mortgage, and all the rest of his bills for the rest of his life. I just have too much to lose to not have insurance out there. Hopefully it will be required soon! It'd be nice to know that more people out there are insured as well. It cost me 13 bucks a month for full coverage on my bike, and it was included under my $2m umbrella policy as well. Covered theft, fire, anything... Well worth it in my opinion.

you do realize if a law is passed making it mandatory to carry insurance,rates will go way up.just like auto insurance did.when a law is passed making you pay a private owned company for their product (insurance) they start bending you over and butt raping you.CAPITALISM. i love to pay in for years and years and when i need to make a claim they run you around and b.s. you. im fighting with geico right now.