MICRO POLISHED TRANS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The OP asked for feedback and I'm providing my opinion based on some of the experience listed below.

I gave Greg more than enough opportunities to fix his shit. He didn't and I had to correct the problems myself.

Not a fan at all of his POS 1-4 and a 1-6. I don't know what's worse, his customer service/lies or his transmissions.

#1 trans 1-6, didn't hold up to the first launch. #2 trans 1-6 would shift into 4th gear. #3 trans 1-6 would go into 4th gear. He ask me how many runs was on it and I stated 4 and told him I was leaving for the Wicked Race. He said it would be fine, but he would build me a back up #4 trans 1-4.

Hauled it 2,300 miles back East. Put 3 more runs on #3 trans 1-6 and it wouldn't shift into 4th. So, Skip and I decide to put in trans #4 1-4. Should have known better another POS. We used some backyard machining and fixed the problem. I forgot he was supposed to call us back to help us figure out the problem with #4. Guess what, 2 years later and still no phone call. LOL

Anyway, Trans #4 is still working, but no thanks to WCR.

Now, for trans #3 that wouldn't shift into 4th. I did some machine work and got it to shift into 4th. We found another problem with #3 trans it eats the front single shift fork in about 20 runs. So, with around 30 total runs on #3 trans 1-6 his transmissions are still a POS.

This is how we ride our quad at the track. We push it everywhere with a 150cc scooter. It gets pushed to start line, we make a full throttle run, it come to a complete stop/shut the motor off, down shifted and finally pushed back to the pits.

I had zero problems with my 1st override and made 400+ 1/4 runs before it wore out. Plus we didn't have to push it everywhere.

BK

The OP asked for feedback and I'm providing my opinion based on some of the experience listed below.

I gave Greg more than enough opportunities to fix his shit. He didn't and I had to correct the problems myself.

Not a fan at all of his POS 1-4 and a 1-6. I don't know what's worse, his customer service/lies or his transmissions.

#1 trans 1-6, didn't hold up to the first launch. #2 trans 1-6 would shift into 4th gear. #3 trans 1-6 would go into 4th gear. He ask me how many runs was on it and I stated 4 and told him I was leaving for the Wicked Race. He said it would be fine, but he would build me a back up #4 trans 1-4.

Hauled it 2,300 miles back East. Put 3 more runs on #3 trans 1-6 and it wouldn't shift into 4th. So, Skip and I decide to put in trans #4 1-4. Should have known better another POS. We used some backyard machining and fixed the problem. I forgot he was supposed to call us back to help us figure out the problem with #4. Guess what, 2 years later and still no phone call. LOL

Anyway, Trans #4 is still working, but no thanks to WCR.

Now, for trans #3 that wouldn't shift into 4th. I did some machine work and got it to shift into 4th. We found another problem with #3 trans it eats the front single shift fork in about 20 runs. So, with around 30 total runs on #3 trans 1-6 his transmissions are still a POS.

This is how we ride our quad at the track. We push it everywhere with a 150cc scooter. It gets pushed to start line, we make a full throttle run, it come to a complete stop/shut the motor off, down shifted and finally pushed back to the pits.

I had zero problems with my 1st override and made 400+ 1/4 runs before it wore out. Plus we didn't have to push it everywhere.

BK

Off subject here... Skip that had shawn Crunk build his bikes back in the day???

I'm on my 7th season with my wcr trans (1-5) i've also used 2 different drums (N-down and standard N).. both worked great.

is one of those the one i bought? the one i have seems operationally fine, but i do think there could have been better welds and cuts on the channels.....i thought about cleaning it up some while i have it sitting there doing nothing but mock-up.....maybe i'll take it to work and temper it, too.... i also heard a rumor of some fake wcr drums, but i don't know how much merrit there is to the rumors... :shrugani:

is one of those the one i bought? the one i have seems operationally fine, but i do think there could have been better welds and cuts on the channels.....i thought about cleaning it up some while i have it sitting there doing nothing but mock-up.....maybe i'll take it to work and temper it, too.... i also heard a rumor of some fake wcr drums, but i don't know how much merrit there is to the rumors... :shrugani:

there is a guy names joey that use to work for WCR and has gone off on his own cutting trannys,and they are NO good!!!

maybe the trouble some have had was when joey was still working for WCR

HE sells overrides on e-bay...sold a guy around here 3 different ones...and NONE would shift right.....also one was suppose to have a billet second gear...BUT DOES NOT and would not shift out of 1 into 2,bike had to be launched in 2nd gear just to MAYBE make a good pass.

Edited by stroking