Summer Race/ride Dates for the MI crew.

shanYE west

Me and JT were just going through the calendar tryin to get our vacation squared away and planning some dates to get our crew to the track and dunes. Just wondering what everyones plans were as of now. We figured if we get everyones input on dates for events and races that everyone wants to attend, we can put together a calendar of events and get everyone on the same page for some good turn outs. I know alot of people had some good times at some new events this year. This would also help people who need to put in for time off work. There was alot of conflicting events last season in the drag scene that split the group up and I'd like to avoid that if possible. So if people could get ahold of some of the promoters of these events and find out dates for the 2011 season that would be great. Now this isn't just for races, we could setup up off-holiday weekends at the dunes or track rentals. Stuff like that too.

Also... We need to start making plans to get everyone down to Little Sahara this fall for the HQ ride!!

So as of now..

July 22-23 is the Silver Lake summer HQ ride. We had a awesome turn out last year. now we just need everyone camping at the same spot! lol

Any other events??

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunatly, I can't get the Friday off before Memorial or Labor so I am going to need some major help w/vouchers and I will obviously not be able to rent or assist in renting the track for those Holiday weekend Fridays.

I am definately wanting to get to the dunes a few more weekends outside of the Holiday weekends so hopefully we can get a few of those set w/decent turnout.

We definately need track schedules soon to be able to plan for everything. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunatly, I can't get the Friday off before Memorial or Labor so I am going to need some major help w/vouchers and I will obviously not be able to rent or assist in renting the track for those Holiday weekend Fridays.

I am definately wanting to get to the dunes a few more weekends outside of the Holiday weekends so hopefully we can get a few of those set w/decent turnout.

We definately need track schedules soon to be able to plan for everything. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I noticed Ionia posted their schedule. still waitin on WMSD to post. Also need to know if that one new track is having any events this year.

I agree, I want more off holiday weekends at the dunes. The HQ ride had a better turn out then the 4th. It was a blast! and we didn't have to worry about trucks and buggies destroying the strip. If I make it mem day and labor day. You know I'll help get ya vouchers. 4th of July is on a monday this year. that should be a nice weekend.

we can probably set up a silver lake ride 2 weekends after memorial day if that works? maybe june 10-11 or June 17-18. I'm more partial to the 17-18 since its my b-day.. lol

The only problem w/waiting till the 17-18th weekend is that is the first weekend most cabins will no longer rent by the weekend. They go to full weeks most of them Saturday to Saturday till the end of August. It does not matter to me, I will find a place to stay regardless.

You need to get yourself a RV! lol

:) Well as usual, we set are dune dates real early. (They do change if enough people end up with issues.) We only hit the WMSD track for the "Test and Tune" sessions on Friday nights on the weekends that they are open and we're up there. I know in the past we've had a blast meeting up with the whole MI crew, so I thought I'd post the weekends that we plan to be up there, so if anyone was trying to plan a "Non-Holiday" weekend...you could maybe plan to join our crew.

May - 3rd weekend - 20-21-22 (We'll be staying at the Sierra Sands Hotel)

June - 2nd weekend - 10-11-12 (Camping at the Silverlake Resort and Campground)

July - 3rd weekend - 15-16-17 (Camping at Silverlake Resort and Campground)

August - 3rd weekend - 19-20-21 (Camping at Silverlake Resort and Campground)

September - 4th weekend - 23-24-25 (Staying at the Sierra Sands Hotel)

I'm also looking for any MI riders who want to team up for a trip to "Bull Gap" I've never been there and would like to find a friend to give me the tour. (I'm thinking late April or any weekend in between our planned SL trips.)

For anyone interested in heading southwest....I'd also like to find a ride buddy for a trip to St.Joe.

If you've never been to SilverLake before and want someone to help make your trip go smooth, Your more than welcome to join our group on any date that works for you and we'll walk you through the whole routine. PM me with your thoughts....

Anyone have any thoughts about our dates feel free to chime in. (Damian, I'm hoping you'll find time to break free for a few of these trips with your crew...) :D:headbang: