SNIPER ASSASSIN INFRAMES

PassionRE

I'm with Dave on this one. I could give 2 shits what Joe blow can do at his local swamp track with these pipes. If you pick up 2 tenths from a pipe change, you weren't tuned properly in the first place IMO or just made a better run. I want to see builders use these, test 'em, and get some numbers out.

But I'll finally be graduating and getting a job, so $700 doesn't sound so bad anymore :cheers:

My builder has these pipes in his hands.

I plan on getting them to one other person as well if there is time before the season starts.

I'm not going to say it was some Joe Blow at some swamp track...

I am saying I'd like more input from a builder at a more well known track...

In ATV Drag Racing, the two standards are 300 foot sand/paddle track and 1/8 mile pavement.

I'm with Dave on this one. I could give 2 shits what Joe blow can do at his local swamp track with these pipes. If you pick up 2 tenths from a pipe change, you weren't tuned properly in the first place IMO or just made a better run. I want to see builders use these, test 'em, and get some numbers out.

But I'll finally be graduating and getting a job, so $700 doesn't sound so bad anymore :cheers:

Im the one that tuned jo blows bike in with the cpi's and the snipers. So it was tuned right. The pipes just simply work is all. when you run consistent 6.5-6.6 for over 3/4's the season then I switch the pipes and tuned them in and pick up 2-3 tenths. I dont care if its not the planetsand drags or not. When your working with consistent times all year then you make a switch and pick up 2-3 tenths is good in my book.

You mentioned you tuned the carbs from pipe to pipe Brad.

Did you change gearing, air pressure, domes, compression ratio, timing, etc?

Not insinuating anything, just asking...

(By no means am I saying I do all this...I'm lazy and we bracket race...so I need a consistent bike more than the fastest bike out there, it just so happens mine holds it's own against other guys motors, cc to cc)

Im the one that tuned jo blows bike in with the cpi's and the snipers. So it was tuned right. The pipes just simply work is all. when you run consistent 6.5-6.6 for over 3/4's the season then I switch the pipes and tuned them in and pick up 2-3 tenths. I dont care if its not the planetsand drags or not. When your working with consistent times all year then you make a switch and pick up 2-3 tenths is good in my book.

I wasn't pointing any fingers towards anyone, sorry if it came off that way. That's just usually how this kind of thing will go.

"I switched pipes to the snipers and picked up 5-tenths at my local track" :rotflmao:

Seems like all the preliminary testing and R&D numbers are showing to be positive though :cheers:

I wasn't pointing any fingers towards anyone, sorry if it came off that way. That's just usually how this kind of thing will go.

"I switched pipes to the snipers and picked up 5-tenths at my local track" :rotflmao:

Seems like all the preliminary testing and R&D numbers are showing to be positive though :cheers:

No problem I understand, we dident pick up 5 tenths though. 5 tenths was the fastest he ran over the cpi's and he ran the cpi's for 3/4's the season.

On average he runs 2-3 tenths faster consistently vs the cpi's

Yes Dave after I got a base line with the jetting which was close to the cpi's, I advanced the timing 5 thousands. no dome changes, but we put more gear to it, and would adjust the tires pressure base on how the track was hooking

Didn´t find anything else! (joke)

SNIPER5korjattu.jpg

-Pasi S.

Yea Yea, I was just lucky to get it mocked up before Gary caught me in my underwear that morning... He was a little ancy to get the photo's shot that morning......for good reason though. I thought the pics turned out pretty good for a amateur.

As for tuning pipe to pipe. One thing to remember, at least from where I am in opinions on this matter, the pipe changes themselves within themselves IS a tune change. This holds true to alot of just normal bolt on stuff. The only way to verify performance accurately is to tune for whatever you can get out of the engine with each set of pipes tested. And thats just tuning for power output. Many opinions exist on gearing and tire selection as well...thats for sure.

Seems everytime Gary and I show up with 16 paddle Ripppers on our 421Cubs....everyone has to blurt out "sure you guys brought enough tire?" Then as usual, we procede to show them we made the right choice...LOL...Jim

Quick question jim, i know these are geared towards the cubs, but how would they compare to a stock cylinder bike with your porting versus the small bore shearers? Also do you guys plan on tailor fitting a pipe to your 12 ports?

Not that i need anymore power lol :headbang:

Cody

?

Yea, I would also like to hear about what gains i would see from cpi's to snipers on my 4mil passion motor.

I would love a set of these right now, but think Im going to hold out until you are offering them in chrome, alot im very very tempted to pull the trigger anyways.

Jim i would like to hear from you, tried contacting you on Monday, no response yet. I understand you are probably swamped.

Joe

Yea, I would also like to hear about what gains i would see from cpi's to snipers on my 4mil passion motor.

I would love a set of these right now, but think Im going to hold out until you are offering them in chrome, alot im very very tempted to pull the trigger anyways.

Jim i would like to hear from you, tried contacting you on Monday, no response yet. I understand you are probably swamped.

Joe

Joe, not sure if the wife took the wrong number or what, Ive left 2 messages for you...PM your correct # and Ill call you tomorrow.

Yes Joe and Cody, I will have the proper modifications to the base Sniper to work correctly on both your engines very soon!! Due to the smaller displacement than the original design criteria, minor changes are being made to sync in on all my drag and dune/drag OEM series cylinders! This mod change will also work excellent on F.A.S.T drag series stock OEM cylinders as well.

Joe , just imagine all the hit of the CPI and and an extra 800 rpm, not to mention all the added horses. Cody,you can expect just sick power everywhere over where your at currently.

Sniper Racing Products is happy to announce our first promotional set of the new mathematically designed In-frame Assassins which are currently for sale on Ebay Auction. This is a true auction with NO RESERVE!!! The auction will last for 3 days only, ending on Sat. In the past, pipe builders have promised performance gains and did not deliver. Therefore, Sniper Racing is offering a complete performance guarantee with these promotional pipes on engines from 392-485 cc displacement.. If these pipes do not out perform your current product, just send the pipes back within 30 days from delivery for a full money refund. This auction is for one complete bare metal exhaust system setup including polished silencers. Please see Ebay auction for more details.... Ebay link below...

Sniper Racing would like to thank all of those who have supported our efforts in bringing new technology to the sport of Banshee racing!!

-Sniper Racing Products

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Banshee-Sniper-Frame-Assassin-Drag-Pipes-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e60c09329QQitemZ130472252201QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Seems everytime Gary and I show up with 16 paddle Ripppers on our 421Cubs....everyone has to blurt out "sure you guys brought enough tire?" Then as usual, we procede to show them we made the right choice...LOL...Jim

Not sounding like a smart ass...but where are you racing this bike Jim? What track?

Reason I ask is Rob @ RDZ is the king of 0-400cc motors in 300ft. He runs a TON of tire on a 400 cc motor (I think 18 paddle and they are WIDE) and he 60 foots like no other. He doesn't MPH like the other guys but by the end of the track he got out of the hole so fast/so hard it doesn't matter.... He's normally down 3-8 MPH from the slips I've seen/builders I've talked to, but he's getting it done on the national stage in front of the biggest players in the game.

Obviously the 421 won't compete in the same class...but I don't think you're too far off with your thinking. As long as the tranny/clutch will hold up to those tires.... that much tire will probably shave a few MPH off the big end but in a shorter race who cares? RT and ET is where it's at.

Just wondering where you're running it at (please don't tell me only the dunes....lol)

Not sounding like a smart ass...but where are you racing this bike Jim? What track?

Reason I ask is Rob @ RDZ is the king of 0-400cc motors in 300ft. He runs a TON of tire on a 400 cc motor (I think 18 paddle and they are WIDE) and he 60 foots like no other. He doesn't MPH like the other guys but by the end of the track he got out of the hole so fast/so hard it doesn't matter.... He's normally down 3-8 MPH from the slips I've seen/builders I've talked to, but he's getting it done on the national stage in front of the biggest players in the game.

Obviously the 421 won't compete in the same class...but I don't think you're too far off with your thinking. As long as the tranny/clutch will hold up to those tires.... that much tire will probably shave a few MPH off the big end but in a shorter race who cares? RT and ET is where it's at.

Just wondering where you're running it at (please don't tell me only the dunes....lol)

Weve been running at Tulsa's new track, hopefully they will say in business, support can be lacking at times. last time we ran Gary took everything. We also run at Whitefield, the true test of any drag quad.

yes Dave, you can NEVER decide on the side of tire slip and expect to have a winner. As Tom Turner said to me personally," you cant break world records with compromised traction". he should know, he held the world record 400cc 1/4 record for 14 years.

If your are built and tuned and set up properly you will have a 300 ft drag bike. Who cares what happens at 325ft, the race is already over. the main problem is that MOST 400cc bikes wont carry that gear. Goes back to that power UNDER the curve. Top end tuning is useless in high drag coefficient enviroments.

On another note Dave, hows that 10mill engine coming along? Gary and I are anxious to hear feedback on the Sniper OOF hybrids....Jim