SNIPER ASSASSIN INFRAMES

PassionRE

I was wondering the same thing. They were posting dyno's and all this hype about them,

and when they no showed the lil sahara trip, they completely fell off.

i'll stick to my shearers anyday.

I want to hear what people say that have them, the in-frame set I seen run on a FAST RACING cub was everybody that had Shearers worst nightmare ! But it could have been the motor doing the talking.

ok then what bike was that??

they showed for the HQ deal just came ill equiped and i personally dont think they were quite ready BUT it did rain saturday and that started allt he speculation on the he said she said..

both pipes run well i personally feel both pipes have their place..

and i mean really how can you compare the 2?? shear's have been around for a very long time he has years of testing under his belt and tweaking and it shows in the performance of the pipe. matt definatley has his shit together.. this comes from testing nad development. do you think his first pipe design was the best he's ever had??

the snipers havent hardly even been around for a year and it has been said over and over how they perform and peep's with shears or another drag pipe probably WONT sell them just to try somethign new out that has little to no real time in the "sand"

to me there STILL hasnt been a definative "dyno day" with any of these pipes. i have only seen a decent run with cpi's vs shears..

in all reality do i really care. no. i dont have a set of these pipes either. id love to run a set on the wife's bike but her CPI's triple plated chrome sure looks nice.

they showed for the HQ deal just came ill equiped and i personally dont think they were quite ready BUT it did rain saturday and that started allt he speculation on the he said she said..

and i mean really how can you compare the 2?? shear's have been around for a very long time he has years of testing under his belt and tweaking and it shows in the performance of the pipe. matt definatley has his shit together.. this comes from testing nad development. do you think his first pipe design was the best he's ever had??

the snipers havent hardly even been around for a year and it has been said over and over how they perform and peep's with shears or another drag pipe probably WONT sell them just to try somethign new out that has little to no real time in the "sand"

to me there STILL hasnt been a definative "dyno day" with any of these pipes. i have only seen a decent run with cpi's vs shears..

in all reality do i really care. no. i dont have a set of these pipes either. id love to run a set on the wife's bike but her CPI's triple plated chrome sure looks nice.

Cam, I just got a 4 mil cub, and would like to hear what you saw on the dyno between the CPIs and Shears?

Exactly. It is ridiculous to compare the two pipes considering the time frames they have been around. Also, isn't it true that Shearer didn't even actually design the first Shearer pipe? Didn't he buy the company from Kenny Roberts and expand from there? If that's the case, then Shearer didn't even design his first pipe from scratch like Sniper did. I hope someone with more info on this chimes in.

Exactly. It is ridiculous to compare the two pipes considering the time frames they have been around. Also, isn't it true that Shearer didn't even actually design the first Shearer pipe? Didn't he buy the company from Kenny Roberts and expand from there? If that's the case, then Shearer didn't even design his first pipe from scratch like Sniper did. I hope someone with more info on this chimes in.

I don't understand why it is "ridiculous"? If i am looking to buy some new pipes (which I am), and want to make sure I get the best pipes for my application THE FIRST TIME. Why is it ridiculous? Sniper claims more HP at any rpm range, so before I throw down my 800, I want to know if this is true, the best way for me to do this is comparing against what is perceived to be the best. Does not seem ridiculous to me.

I don't understand why it is "ridiculous"? If i am looking to buy some new pipes (which I am), and want to make sure I get the best pipes for my application THE FIRST TIME. Why is it ridiculous? Sniper claims more HP at any rpm range, so before I throw down my 800, I want to know if this is true, the best way for me to do this is comparing against what is perceived to be the best. Does not seem ridiculous to me.

In your desperate attempt to get after me, you totally missed the whole point of my post. Comparing a pipe that has been around for years, used by most builders in the industry and that has many different variations to a brand new pipe that has been out a year with only one type is RIDICULOUS.

That said, if Sniper claims to have made more HP than another pipe, it is because Gary and Jim have tested them and found what works best on their motors. That is not beyond the realm of reality at all.

So, if you're really wanting to get an understanding of the pipe, why not just call Gary and talk to him. Also, here is a dyno thread involving Snipers if you want to do some reading on them:

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=145326

I will alert Gary to this thread and maybe he will come in here and offer up some more info.

Sniper pipes are designed to extract the elusive last 5 percent from engines capable of producing 41000 to 52000 joules per second. 397 to 465 cc engines fall in that range. On well built engines, power output of .245 to .25 horse-power per cc can be expected on gasoline, 8 percent more for methanol. Any 397's making less than 97 horse-power, or 421's making less than 104 horse-power, and 465's less than 114 on gas will benefit with Sniper pipes. Many of the top builders can produce these numbers easily with Sniper pipes.

Most people know that Sniper use's resonance to boost power, but also and just as important the correct expansion rate is used. Heat energy output is calculated and the correct kh factor along with inter-median factors will allow the exhaust gases to cool without losing too much velocity. We build low kh factor pipes designed for the highest output engines.

High kh factor pipes are more common because the have a wider window of engines they will run decent on. Low kh factor pipes will need good porting to run to their potential.

High kh pipes will have the header and first two diffusers choked down and will have aggressive third and fourth diffusers, like a 18 to 20 degree last diffuser, the low kh pipes will expand the gasses earlier in the header and first diffusers, with only a 14 to 16 degree last diffuser for smooth expansion.

Sniper pipes are designed to extract the elusive last 5 percent from engines capable of producing 41000 to 52000 joules per second. 397 to 465 cc engines fall in that range. On well built engines, power output of .245 to .25 horse-power per cc can be expected on gasoline, 8 percent more for methanol. Any 397's making less than 97 horse-power, or 421's making less than 104 horse-power, and 465's less than 114 on gas will benefit with Sniper pipes. Many of the top builders can produce these numbers easily with Sniper pipes.

Most people know that Sniper use's resonance to boost power, but also and just as important the correct expansion rate is used. Heat energy output is calculated and the correct kh factor along with inter-median factors will allow the exhaust gases to cool without losing too much velocity. We build low kh factor pipes designed for the highest output engines.

High kh factor pipes are more common because the have a wider window of engines they will run decent on. Low kh factor pipes will need good porting to run to their potential.

High kh pipes will have the header and first two diffusers choked down and will have aggressive third and fourth diffusers, like a 18 to 20 degree last diffuser, the low kh pipes will expand the gasses earlier in the header and first diffusers, with only a 14 to 16 degree last diffuser for smooth expansion.

I'm willing to bet there's about 5% on BHQ who will understand any of that :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

im going to call bullshit on that graph..

every shear i have ever used made more or similar HP through the revv's than the cpi's infact its only a very few motors that i would even recomend the cpi's on and most time its more of a welp its already got them and thats whats going to get used... on my own old 350cc the cpi's i had on it would run ok BUT after putting on the shears i had built for it, simple small bore pipes, the motor came alive it sould pull harder out of the hole adn off the line ( lower rpm range) and rev to the damn moon. making power all through the upper rpm range.. my wife's turd has a set of cpi BB's inframe on it ONLY because i got a great deal on them, they have beautiful chrome, and im not trying to break any records with the bike.. id much rather have a differnt set of pipes on it the cpis hold a lot of heat in them i hate trying to change plugs or even do jetting readings with them, the thing that rdz graph shows IS that the sniper ( as i have said over and over ) is like a hoped up cpi. for a dune rider they are excellent. on a drag bike im sure they will hold their own very well.

if you want a first hand experience with those pipes please read my above posts.

i understand the degree stuff.. BUT i felt most pipes i have looked at seemed to be more of a 2 stage diffuser and single stagle baffle? im still learning. and unless you teach yourself ( reading books, limited internet knowledge) or spend a couple grand on programs, your totally on your own or in the dark.. if you do start to really look at what a pipe actually does, its a very interesting adn realitevly unknown factor in a 2 stroke motor.