What size rims

cbn70

yes i am building a serval 421 4mil

can someone please tell me the right size rim in front and back width and height

also the right size tire width and height in front and back

i need to cancel my order and reorder them

please some feedback asap

the front wheels and tires you've ordered will work great. The rear wheels you bought are good too. Only thing I would suggest changing would be your rear tires. if you want to be able to slide/drift easier go with a 20x10x10 10 paddle skat trak extreme. if you want tires that will hook up better for hill climbing and drag racing go with a 22x11x8 9 or 10 paddle extreme. if you go with the 22" tire you will need to return the wheels you've already purchased and get rims that are 8" in diameter. either tire I suggested will outperform the sandstars in bothe drag racing and "drifting".

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the front wheels and tires you've ordered will work great. The rear wheels you bought are good too. Only thing I would suggest changing would be your rear tires. if you want to be able to slide/drift easier go with a 20x10x10 10 paddle skat trak extreme. if you want tires that will hook up better for hill climbing and drag racing go with a 22x11x8 9 or 10 paddle extreme. if you go with the 22" tire you will need to return the wheels you've already purchased and get rims that are 8" in diameter. either tire I suggested will outperform the sandstars in bothe drag racing and "drifting".

i am trying to cancel my order but they are not answering yet i guess its different time zone

will the blue labels .125 bend if i jump on the sand ?

No, they're pretty strong for how thin they are. if you were to hit something hard like a tree stump, somebody else's bike etc...then it will bend. But because they are thin, if they do bend a rubber mallet will usually bend it back.

Ok guys i still have not been able to get though to ATVgalixy to cancel my previous tire order and rims hopefully tomorrow someone will answer.

i am going to by from another company and this is what they recommended for me after telling them abut my riding and such etc...

quote ""For your set up I would recommend:

Skat-Trac 8 Edges 21x12x8 bead to bead buff (dunner/racer) for the rears

mounted on 8x8 Douglas Blue label 8x8 wheels

Skat-Trac Mohawks 21x7x10 for the fronts with bead to bead buff as well to match rears and mounted on Douglas 10x5 wheels.

$650.00 the complete set + shipping (around$65.00).""

Is this about right price and setup ? also what the hell is "bead to bead" :shootself:

also he mentioned something about "shaving" and stage 2 or something like that.

he was talking so fast i couldn't understand half of what he was saying but a nice guy and i think it was theend of his work day.

thanks guys for the help :D

Ok guys i still have not been able to get though to ATVgalixy to cancel my previous tire order and rims hopefully tomorrow someone will answer.

i am going to by from another company and this is what they recommended for me after telling them abut my riding and such etc...

quote ""For your set up I would recommend:

Skat-Trac Mohawks 21x7x10 for the fronts with bead to bead buff as well to match rears and mounted on Douglas 10x5 wheels.

$650.00 the complete set + shipping (around$65.00).""

Is this about right price and setup ? also what the hell is "bead to bead" :shootself:

also he mentioned something about "shaving" and stage 2 or something like that.

he was talking so fast i couldn't understand half of what he was saying but a nice guy and i think it was theend of his work day.

thanks guys for the help :D

tire size is good but if you run an edge (v paddle) you'll need atleast a 10 paddle. bead to bead just means the whole tire including the side wall will be buffed. Makes the tire lighter. As far as price I would check rockymountainatv.com to compare.

tire size is good but if you run an edge (v paddle) you'll need atleast a 10 paddle. bead to bead just means the whole tire including the side wall will be buffed. Makes the tire lighter. As far as price I would check rockymountainatv.com to compare.

I think i will go with what you recommended the extreme but how many paddles should i put ? i don't care for doing donuts

Thanks guys I bought from sand toyz unlimited I will receive them on Thursday. are the Edges good ? I am also thinking of buying another set of rear tires maybe extreme or hullers :confused:

What type of chains, sprockets i need for the front and rear if this is my setup?

$650.00 the complete set + shipping (around$65.00).

Thanks guys I bought from sand toyz unlimited I will receive them on Thursday. are the Edges good ? I am also thinking of buying another set of rear tires maybe extreme or hullers :confused:

What type of chains, sprockets i need for the front and rear if this is my setup?

$650.00 the complete set + shipping (around$65.00).

If you've got the dinero, you should pick up a set of 9 or 10 paddle extremes in the same size as the edges. Pick which one you like best and sell the other set. I would run stock gearing to start with ( 14 tooth front, 41 rear).

If you've got the dinero, you should pick up a set of 9 or 10 paddle extremes in the same size as the edges. Pick which one you like best and sell the other set. I would run stock gearing to start with ( 14 tooth front, 41 rear).

are the EDGES that bad ?

are the EDGES that bad ?

They're not necisarely a bad tire, but I think an 8 paddle edge isn't nearily enough tire for your motor. I think you're gonna find that they won't hook up all that well. A 9 paddle extreme would be a better "dune" choice with your set up.... Or maybe even a 10 paddle edge.

They're not necisarely a bad tire, but I think an 8 paddle edge isn't nearily enough tire for your motor. I think you're gonna find that they won't hook up all that well. A 9 paddle extreme would be a better "dune" choice with your set up.... Or maybe even a 10 paddle edge.

I should have listened to you guys before but the sales guys was so convincing. i guess i will just have to shell out another 350$ :cheers:

Stay away from the Sand Stars on anything except for a play bike... They are great tire, last forever and hook well for a V-Blade.. But with your motor you need some Skats!

I like the 21x12-8s for a good inbetween tire for Duning/Racing ... they handle a tad better than 22's but still hook like a Mo-Fo (i think mine are 68" rollout)

I switched from the Sand Star 21" fronts to the 22" Kenda runners and it made a HUGE difference!!!! They float ohh so much better where the stars would dig in on the soupey dune tops. I would not recommend the Front Sand Stars to anyone because of the improvement I got going to the taller/wider Kendas... It was night and day (I think the biggest you can get S stars & mohawks is 21"?)

There might be some other options for 22" fronts out there.. haven't looked for a while.....

Stay away from the Sand Stars on anything except for a play bike... They are great tire, last forever and hook well for a V-Blade.. But with your motor you need some Skats!

I like the 21x12-8s for a good inbetween tire for Duning/Racing ... they handle a tad better than 22's but still hook like a Mo-Fo (i think mine are 68" rollout)

I switched from the Sand Star 21" fronts to the 22" Kenda runners and it made a HUGE difference!!!! They float ohh so much better where the stars would dig in on the soupey dune tops. I would not recommend the Front Sand Stars to anyone because of the improvement I got going to the taller/wider Kendas... It was night and day (I think the biggest you can get S stars & mohawks is 21"?)

There might be some other options for 22" fronts out there.. haven't looked for a while.....

Thank you for the input i returned the sand stars and got these :

I also got another set for the rear : still waiting to receive them this week =)

Skat-Trac 10 blads Extreem 21x12x8 bead to bead buff (dunner/racer) for the rears

a pic of some of the goodies i received so far. stlll waiting on the swing arm, front A-arms, R2 pipes,hubs...etc

I switched from the Sand Star 21" fronts to the 22" Kenda runners and it made a HUGE

difference!!!! They float ohh so much better where the stars would dig in on the soupey dune tops. I would not recommend the Front Sand Stars to anyone because of the improvement I got going to the taller/wider Kendas... It was night and day (I think the biggest you can get S stars & mohawks is 21"?)

ITP makes a 22" sandstar front tire. I used to run them. I've also ran a 22" Kenda dune runner and I would recommend the sandstar over it anyway of the week. That's not to say the dune runner isn't a good tire, but that the sandstar is better.

Figaro, looks like a lot of parts are comin in. You should start a build thread so everybody can see it come together!