A-arm modification

shoopie

I say run them! Whats the worst possible thing that could happen?................

utter failure @ 60.....

on the other hand, if there is decent penatration and no grinder burn, i say it should hold fine. isn't it drilled/tapped on a lathe out of solid dowel, not dom? that is good....we will just call them "bungs" because that is what they are, lol. mock the setup up and measure angles. camber, CASTER, and balljoint angles at the travel limits both compressed and extended. personally, i would much rather modify the simplistic shock tab, then grind on a shock......you are fabbin, aren't ya?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

... it fails it fails atleast you tried somethin new..

im not sure which scares me more, these a-arms, or this attitude! lol

"if it fails it fails" , thats something you might say when trying to super glue your cell phone back together before upping the ante to epoxy.. not something you often hear when testing home made suspension components

im scared

OK, I would like to say that you must receive a A for effort but you really sicking some serious injurys here, there are so many thing to take into consideration with this, Ive had front end parts fail on me and it isnt fun, thankfully i was in the sand unless i would have been dead.

But if you do finish this product, I wish you well and i would serious take it easy on this front end and pay close close close attention to all ya welds, Im not bashing on your work at all Ryan, but do you notice the welds in the other link that you posted???

And I agree with NYUK, used a-arms are all over for cheap, but to each there own.

Goodluck and wear ya Helmet :whoa::whoa:

Thanks Joe. Your Bike is looking good btw. i will gain access to a tig welder in the next couple days so i will do and re-do as much as i can with that to clean up the welds and all in all make them stronger. i am going to finish the build and see how it turns out. if i dont like the ride or god forbid it fails while im riding i will get a used set of +2+1's.

and Joe...i ALWAYS wear my helmet. those videos of guys jumping 70+ ft at glamis or something with no helmets just piss me off.

You can make plates to reinforce the slugs,it looks like a lot of fill on there,just note a tig welder is more prone to make metal weaker if your not careful,I have countless hrs on a tig and it can be frustrating at times so dont get discouraged and dont electricute yourself.

You can make plates to reinforce the slugs,it looks like a lot of fill on there,just note a tig welder is more prone to make metal weaker if your not careful,I have countless hrs on a tig and it can be frustrating at times so dont get discouraged and dont electricute yourself.

i was going to make some gussets for the top arms. and yea ill try not to ahaha.

THIS

28rhy7t.jpg

PLUS THIS

mr6xaw.jpg

EQUALS THIS

3029s79.jpg

haha, nifty little trick on the welding "shield"....funny thing is- i bet it actually works......who the hell scabbed that turbo header up?.....so, why gusset the top, but not the bottom, where most of the load is?

Why not just buy aftermarket a-arms? Just out of curiosity... I understand doing stuff yourself, but this isn't like cutting your front plastics.

its just a project. and since 2 of my ball joints were about completely shot, to the point where i was scared to ride, i thought it was a good time to give this a try. like i said before, if it doesnt work or is uncomfortable i am going to get aftermarket arms.