Do R2 pipes interfere with oversized gas tank?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, running out of gas totally blows. Not very good for the top end either.

On a brighter note, seems as if the Rockets fit most any setup (tank, petcock, heads). Plus, the sound, lol, engine really does sounds like a giant chain saw coming out of the woods - love it!

Glad to see the R2 being made available. Rocket owners are a small brave group arent we. My Toomey T5 were fine, I just happened on to a picture of those huge Guns of Navarone looking pipes coming through the coped fenders and decided no matter what fit problems would come - i was getting em. Turns out the fit was never a problem.

I guess I can't really compare the toomeys to the R2s because I ran T5s on a 350 motor and the R2s are on a 421... but the toomeys were almost annoyingly loud where as the R2s have a sweet smooth sound that won't rattle your brains. Its also got more of a thump or hit to it... but it might also be the displacement increase. Either way, I dont think I'll ever consider Toomeys again as long as R2s are being built.