Lock up clutch

I just came accross a lock up clutch and cover, and bought it. I am running a stock transmission with modded shift star pancake bearing, and modded shift shaft form FAST. I'm def going to run the cover and I was going to put the lock up on but it seems some people say its a bad idea to do it without an override. Just curious if thats true or not? I have my motor tore down and I getting ready to re-assemble but now sure if I should invest in the overide, or put that money twords something else.

My mods are HJR dune port cylinders at 66mm. Modquad head 21cc, 33 PWks, vforce 3s, Hot rod stock stroke trued and welded, and CPIs.

Thanks.

I run a undercover sling shot lock up and a f.a.s.t clutch with no over ride and a few more mods and a lil more motor with no issues at all.

I just came accross a lock up clutch and cover, and bought it. I am running a stock transmission with modded shift star pancake bearing, and modded shift shaft form FAST. I'm def going to run the cover and I was going to put the lock up on but it seems some people say its a bad idea to do it without an override. Just curious if thats true or not? I have my motor tore down and I getting ready to re-assemble but now sure if I should invest in the overide, or put that money twords something else.

My mods are HJR dune port cylinders at 66mm. Modquad head 21cc, 33 PWks, vforce 3s, Hot rod stock stroke trued and welded, and CPIs.

Thanks.

Are you gonna drag race? I've got a slingshot undercover lockup and an override. I was told it'll be a pain in the ass to shift under full power with the lockup. If your not hitting 75-80 hp and your just play/trail riding a lockup is prob over kill for ya. I'd just run a decent clutch and heavy springs. When I was at 75ish hp I just ran a heavy clutch it pulled fine. I'd put the cover on for the bling and trade the lockup for something you really need.

I believe jeff mods the shift shaft itself. He mills out the part where the shift shaft contacts the adjustment bolt when you have the shifter all the way down or all the way up. You can do the mod with a dremel, just don't get too carried away. You can use the FAST shift shaft mod with the roller bearing mod from cascade and the shift star mod all together and it makes for a pretty smooth shift.

edit: one suggestion I would give if you use the cascade roller bearing is to use the factory spring instead of the cascade spring. If you have the shift star mod and the cascade spring it can jump gears due to the light tension of the cascade spring.

Edited by BigRed350x

I run a Direct Drive lockup with a standard banshee transmission. Modded shift star and shift pro kit. It shifts fine with no overide. I run 6 oem springs for an easy pull and let the lockup do the work. I like how it launches with the 6 oem springs.

true... ive been looking for some lighter than stock springs too try and maybe throw a couple extra balls in it

talk to kevin about the slingshot he has differnt weight balls that you can use to tune the locker. you can also remove every other row of balls for less lockup.. MOST lower hp motors dont need the heavy balls. the slingshot will hold a shizzton of HP with the heavy balls. other than that its pretty much the same as tuning a std locker. i liked the 3 15% and 3 stock springs in my 350 with the std balls in every row ( with and override..)

just a note. if you have an override you dont want the star mod or the shift pro..

I run a Direct Drive lockup with a standard banshee transmission. Modded shift star and shift pro kit. It shifts fine with no overide. I run 6 oem springs for an easy pull and let the lockup do the work. I like how it launches with the 6 oem springs.

x2. dd lock-up with stock trans, & shift shaft mod. works great in the woods/trail, and hillshooting. you can adjust them, too