top end rebuild

nvrstsfd23

REmoval:

- Drain coolant and detach tube going into head

- Unbolt head 10 bolts

- Remove old gasket

- Remove 4 bolts holding each cylinder on.

- Slide each cylinder off

- Remove pistons

- Drink a beer

Replace with new parts and gaskets

DRink another Beer

PS - this is assuming you have carbs and intake system off.......

question.

"Is there a place that has a step by step process of rebuilding the top end"

your answer's.

"mine ran like shit i will rip it apart agin if it dont 55mph hope this helps"

"it would be better if there shit worked i get negative results on it you are fucket like me nigaa"

i see a bunch of words (some are just a group of letter's), one in front of the other. not anywhere in that basket of words is an answer to anything. :)

nvrstsfd23, as T-shee said, or get a clymers manual. the clymers has step by step with pictures and all.

I started messing with the top end to see what the pistons and cylinders looked like. I made a mistake and forgot to drain the coolant before I lifted the head so when I cracked the head off it leaked coolant out and into my cylinders. Should I do anything to it or will it not really hurt anything.

I started messing with the top end to see what the pistons and cylinders looked like. I made a mistake and forgot to drain the coolant before I lifted the head so when I cracked the head off it leaked coolant out and into my cylinders. Should I do anything to it or will it not really hurt anything.

ARE you doing a topend rebuild? If you are then your gonna need to take the jugs (cylinders) off anyways to get them bored/honed and new pistons. So when you pull those off you'll have access to the crankcase to soak up whatever coolant wound up down there. Shouldn't hurt a thing.......your not the first and you wont be the last to have coolant make its way down there.