Headlight connectors for '06?

To make a long story short here I bought a newer model wiring harness from minkia38 that was supposed to work with an '06 and prior years that use the same harness. I know my headlights are off of an '06, or at least that's what the seller told me. But my headlight connectors and wiring harness don't match. Is there another small harness that does just the headlights or what? Can someone show me the part of the harness that plugs into the headlights? Chris

Dangit that sucks. Can you possibly send me a pic of your connectors for your '06 lights? I guess I'm gonna have to find some different terminals and try to swap them out. I thought it was kinda funny that they had the same ends as my '97 lights I just sold but I just assumed it was a part that Yamaha hadn't changed over the years.

Dangit that sucks. Can you possibly send me a pic of your connectors for your '06 lights? I guess I'm gonna have to find some different terminals and try to swap them out. I thought it was kinda funny that they had the same ends as my '97 lights I just sold but I just assumed it was a part that Yamaha hadn't changed over the years.

Yea that looks like my 97's as well. I just had trailtechs on it when I bought it. I put some new 06 head lights that I bought on ebay.

I have a nice bullit conector / crimp set. They have the clear flexable silicone cover / jacket. I just used those.That way I could unplug them if I need to. I used female plugs on the banshee's wiring harness + high and low, and a male plug on the banshee's - wire.

That's on the headlight side. I don't have the wiring harness ran yet so I just pulled it out of the box and tried to find the matching connector and when I couldn't match anything up I got kinda hacked off. What year did they start putting brake light switches on them? I know my '97 didn't have one so I sold it to try to buy one that I could connect a brake light with to be able to run my LED brake/tail light. Maybe it would help if I found out what year this harness was off of.

Ok so with that being said, does '02-'06 have the same wiring harness?

Yes according to yamaha's parts catalogue. 2002 and 2006 have the same part number for the main wiring harness. 5FK-82590-00-00

02 is also when they started putting the tail / brake light insted of only the tail light from 87-01.

So your wiring harness is a 2002-2006. Your head lights are the older style. The seller of the head lights is the one who hosed you.