DIY TIMING PLATE MOD

AKheathen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Digging up an old post after doing some research. So from what iv looked up and verified I'm assuming my plate had been modified, and I don't think it is set to advanced timing. Correct? It should be turned clockwise to be advanced? Any reason it might have been turned back? Should I leave it or advance it? Any thoughts? 23263af668099fd791359ce9c448f73d.jpgc0274f69bb37bc6a0cde1f325ff43590.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Ya, my bad. Looks like its modded to advance, but set at zero?
That's what I thought too. Turned it clockwise and it seemed to run worse to me. Turned it back and she screams again. Idk, gonna go over this with the fellas during the fall ride at little sahara. All I know to do...This has me puzzled, I'm jetted with fmf, coolhead, v3 reeds, k&n pod filters, not sure what bore is or stroke I'm assuming stock by the the way the bike rides but when I advance it "rotate plate clockwise" I seem to loose my powerband

• 1 month later...
Ditch the plate and get one with timing marks. Another issue might be your domes and they are already on the edge for the fuel you are using.
Ya I ended up doing a leak down test a while back and found out I had a bad crank seal so I have to tear it down. Going to replace the plate and do a 4 mil build and some other goodies going to start a build thread soon