rubber/plastic cyl plugs?

Kwietshee

Hey guys i was reading a few topics an noticed some guys referring to the plastic plugs located at bottom of cylinders. my cylinders dont have em! my concern is if I need then for cooling efficiency or not. Ive had a few overheating issues an wonder if this is why. thanks in advance :cheers:

yeh man you need em.

i thought it would leak coolant, instead of over heat.

ive had the bike for about 5 years... done the top end 2 times, an ive never had a coolant leak! never even realized they were supposed to be there. i always put it back together the way it was before. guess i gotta go buy some just to be on the safe side... thanks abunch Dirty :cheers:

you sure it didn't leak into the cylinders? most people i see end up with a leak without them. there are a few main things that cause overheating........jetting, bad coolant, bad water pump, and lack of air flow through the radiator, from moving slow, or folded fins

you don't really need them, i had my banshee running with out them for 3yrs with no leaks or overheating. the only thing they r really for is so when you pull your jugs off the coolant don't go into the crank, without them you will for sure get coolant on your crank when pulling off jugs. bad for bottom bearings. if coolant leaks with out them then u have a different prob, because your base gasket will seal it.i replaced mine just bwcause i don't like getting coolant in the crank area.

you sure it didn't leak into the cylinders? most people i see end up with a leak without them. there are a few main things that cause overheating........jetting, bad coolant, bad water pump, and lack of air flow through the radiator, from moving slow, or folded fins

No coolant leaks here maybe I just been supper lucky... url I wanna get em for sure tho. I always had the coolant come out the overflow tube! Jetting is usually fairly good, I replace coolant every season cause its not that expensive, I gotta check ma impeller while I have it apart this weekend, an ma rad fins are ok condition.

you don't really need them, i had my banshee running with out them for 3yrs with no leaks or overheating. the only thing they r really for is so when you pull your jugs off the coolant don't go into the crank, without them you will for sure get coolant on your crank when pulling off jugs. bad for bottom bearings. if coolant leaks with out them then u have a different prob, because your base gasket will seal it.i replaced mine just bwcause i don't like getting coolant in the crank area.

Ok so it want just me then running with out them. There is a small cavity in the top half of case.... wouldn't that allow for a small amount of more coolant to fit into cooling system if base basket were to have opening in it? Or would that maybe cause an issue with coolant flow?