Cut pistons or not

Spidy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:cheers: sweet.....good luck, and make sure it's not lean. best way to tell without a plug chop, is in 5-6. if it breaks up a little near wot, then it's rich, and if it seems to drop flat at wot, but pick up a little as you back out of it, then it's lean. the goal is to ba bale to just jet by feel, so you know if it changes durring a ride, and you don't melt down one day, but doing plug chops is one of the best learning tools. it will even help you feel the needle. give a thought to the mix ratio you are using.......it shouldn't do harm running that rich, but it will have a greater effect on viscosity and separation as the ambient temps get cooler..

First I would like to thank all of you guys that took the time to comment. All the info was very helpful!!!

Final update: After my tuning trip I ended up using a 370 main jet. I got a great looking plug after wot. I did notice the other day after riding, I have developed a small leak on the right hand side. Saw a little fuel oozing between the jug and the reed valve assembly. A little Yamabond should seal that back up.

Happy as could be. My Banshee rips ass once again! :rotflmao: