Tranny ? for 1/4 mile racers

georgie

Looking to upgrade my stock tranny, just wondering what kind of set up you guy's running for the 1/4 mile?

I know a few people that run 1/8 and 1/4mls. It is how much power you got? Most run like just a billet 2nd. gear. On up to a all billet tranny from Robinson Ind. It is all up to you! How much money you want to drop on it.

I run a 1-4 overide with 5th,6th clutch on 4 diffrent bikes.In the 1/4 having 6th gear is nice.Robinson makes a 1-6 billet tranny thats supposed to be bukllet proof,I recently put one in for a friend it shifts ultra nice and you can choose diffrent gear ratios.I run all wcr trannies in my bikes.Your looking at $500 with new forks 4 wcr.Robinson your looking aT $2000 or better depending on options.

I run a 1-4 overide with 5th,6th clutch on 4 diffrent bikes.In the 1/4 having 6th gear is nice.Robinson makes a 1-6 billet tranny thats supposed to be bukllet proof,I recently put one in for a friend it shifts ultra nice and you can choose diffrent gear ratios.I run all wcr trannies in my bikes.Your looking at $500 with new forks 4 wcr.Robinson your looking aT $2000 or better depending on options.

I'm putting a drag ported 392 cub motor together and the tranny was the last thing on the list. I'll be going with 1-4 overide with 5/6 manual.

thanks.