elka linkage

lsr_banshee

The custom axis I pulled off was 14". Which is stock I believe. The elka I got with the link measures 14.5".

uju4uhe9.jpg

6asasyme.jpg

upu8ata2.jpg

y9ydu4eg.jpg

Lol, yea, I bought the frame for the title, it just happened to be blue. But it doesn't match the stock blue plastic very well.. Someday when I get more cash rounded up, I'd like to get a yellow hood an rear fenders, an cut em like I did these blue ones.

• Like 1

Im also running the elka shock and linkage on my banshee. I do not have much to add other then I feel it work great, seems to have smoothed out the ride and the hook up is better. Never knew what it was suppose to do until I read this thread good Info.

Yea, it had the stock linkage with the custom axis. Eye to eye.

Actually have it on my brother-in-law's bike now.

2y2urure.jpg

Yea, they're fireball's a arms. The fronts were close to 19 1/4",. They have the zero preload spring in the front, so it makes them look shorter. When sittin down. Or taller when it's up, which ever way you look at it.lol

papyvuja.jpg

ugu2ahab.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I've read. I ordered them for these arms, and this is what they sent. When I put them on though. I actually had to compress them a touch to get the bolts in. So I'm not too worried about it.

You're right though that the axis has the preload pretty well loose. I'll be tightining it some when we finally take it out.

I

so wait you ordered those shocks new from elka and they sent you 19 1/4" shocks?   weird... the ones I got from elka are 19.5 on the dot eye to eye... though 3/4" isnt much to begin with.  I didnt have to compress mine or anything to put on though so who knows...  mine are +3's  yours the same?

yea tightening it might raise the ride height of  the rear end some

I think you meant 1/4".

I just called Elka twice and spoke to two different guys and they both told me that for Fireball and Janseen LT A-Arms the shock eye to eye length is 483mm or 19".

They both said they've been building them like this for 10yrs... WTF?

Thoughts?

lol well thats damn weird!   which shop are you calling? the one in QC Canada or one of their shops in US?

I called the 800 number and the guy answered in French, then I called Eric at Elka here in CA and he said the same thing.

Something is weird.

My Stage 5's came in right at 483mm.

I'm going to run them... Fuck It!

:whoa:   lol.. guess they dont like Canadians then haha  :down:   I got told 19.5  and guess he changed a few things up since 2006-2010 from the post

stage 5's new from elka? 19"       regardless... we are talking about 1/4 of an inch. lol   maybe things have changed but I know mine come in at 19.5.    are they  quad or triple rates? ZPS? ect.. maybe that plays a role

Mine are triple rates.

They're sick ass fuck and i can't wait to get them installed.

I'm going with a three stage Candy Blue powder on the a-arms and two stage metallic silver on the tie rods.

Some day when I sell a kidney or something I'll get the Elka Link and LT Stage 5 in the rear to match... .