Tire Sizing

Getting tires soon here. I've decided go go with the ITP GNCC's. I realize they're not the longest lasting tire, but they will suit my needs.

I ride mostly woods trails, some hillclimbing (at times on shale), and some mx.

I definitely want to get 21x11's in the back. Old bike had 22x12 and they were AWESOME in the woods, but rolled way too much for me. 20's are too small for what I do, need as much rear clearance as possible. 21's are the perfect medium, I think.

The question I have is should I go with 21x7 fronts, or 22x7 fronts? It seems logical that it should be 22/21 and 21/20 (front/rear), but I'm thinking that if I run 21/21 it might be benefical on hills by keeping my front end lower.

I really have no experience with tire purchases. Haven't needed new tires yet on really any bikes I've had.

Oh by the way, right now I'm running 23/20's. It rides great on the MX track. Haven't gotten to the trails, or the hills with it like this though..

Any imput? Suggestions?

Those fronts on the 'shee are Carlisle AT489 23x7-10. They came with it. Very happy with them. The backs on the other hand are awful.

I think a 21" tall rear tire will suit my needs well. I just wish more companies made that size!! I really like the Razr Ballance tires, but they only come in 19" and 20" tall...