Main Jet Overcompensation?

Stock pipes, stock carbs (-tors), bored to .75 over, no lid, sea level (1997)

I am using 250 mains and my bike is on a fresh rebuild (pistons, rings, bored, crank). Bike takes like 5-6 kicks to start. Once warmed, the bike performs great after 1/8th throttle but bogs coming off idle. Also falls a little flat @ 90percent on in 5th/6th but may just be end of power

I feel like my mains are overcompensating for a weak idle jet. Kinda feel like 50 over on the mains isnt really justified for just having removed the stock lid.

Do 250's sound too big? If they are i may bump up idle jets and try a step down on my mains.

Do 250's sound too big? If they are i may bump up idle jets and try a step down on my mains.

That is why when jetting you dial in the main jet, next comes the needle, then the pilot jet and air screws. That way you dont end up with a lean or rich main jet trying to compensate for a jetting error else ware.

That is why when jetting you dial in the main jet, next comes the needle, then the pilot jet and air screws. That way you dont end up with a lean or rich main jet trying to compensate for a jetting error else ware.

I see. Never heard of a process, thought you just adjusted what needs adjusting according to where the problem was in the throttle band.

I have a set of 27.5s ready to go so im going to try them out today and let you know