2011 BansheeHQ Spring Ride St. Joe State Park (Park Hills, MO)

run

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am considering making the journey out with the enclosed and doing some impromptu shock services out there at this ride. If anyone from so-cal would like to make the drive with me, let me know. Any hotels near by?

That would be awesome matt...

After talking with some members, and after the awesome time we had at LS, so we're gonna do a 2011 spring ride. Hopefully we get the same turnout with members and builders. St. Joe is about 2000 acres, with some AWESOME sand flats for racing and great trails.

http://mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

It costs $5 bucks a day to ride, and like $15 to camp. Helmets and flags are required.

Some info:

The off-road vehicle (ORV) riding area is approximately 2,000 acres. It has been set aside for motorcycles, all terrain vehicles (ATVs), utility terrain vehicles (UTVs), dune buggies and four-wheel drive vehicles. There are about 800 acres of “sand-flats,” a sand-like substance of crushed limestone, which is a lead-mining remnant. The remainder of the area is wooded hillsides that are steep in some areas.

The ORV staging area is located north of the park office and has three small shelters, vault toilets, water, a change house, picnic tables, barbecue grills and an ORV rinse station. The ORV rinse station is free of charge to those who have purchased permits to access the ORV riding areas. Pim Lake and beach are adjacent to this area.

A $5 daily fee is required for each off road vehicle. The off-road riding area is open during the following times:

•7 a.m. - 5 p.m. daily from October through March and

•7 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily from April through September

ORV Rules and Regs:

http://mostateparks....oe/orvrules.htm

Camping Information: ALL ATV users must use campground #1 which has 75 sites

Campground 1 is open and reservable year-round and has 40 electric pull-through sites. Sites 1-15 have 20 and 30 amp. breakers and sites 101-125 have 50 amp. breakers. There are 35 basic back-in asphalt sites. For reservations, there is a required two-night minimum stay for weekends.

The facilities are for overnight guests only. People with ORVs visiting overnight guests are required to park in the ORV staging area. All other visitors are required to obtain a visitor pass from the park office. Payment for first-come, first-served campsites can be made at the park office. If you plan to bring ORVs, please visit the Trails page for the ORV rules and regulations.

The showerhouse in Campground 1 is closed during the off-season (November through March). Frost-free hydrants are available near campsites 42 and 118 and at the dump station.

Firewood can be purchased at the wood lot from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. April through October. To purchase firewood from November through March, campers should contact the park office.

Lets get a roll call going, and have an awesome turnout!!

Hey you should check out LEERJAK off road ranch,its not to far from st joe state park and is alot more fun and has professional drag strip for dirt and all kinds of things to do,check it out and see what you think.

T-Shee, Im not sure where Franklin In is, but im across the border just south of Chicago. We do several Attica trips each year. We need to get one of those together as well!

frankin is about 20 miles south of indy. we try to go to badlands a couple times a year also. let me know when you go

Hey you should check out LEERJAK off road ranch,its not to far from st joe state park and is alot more fun and has professional drag strip for dirt and all kinds of things to do,check it out and see what you think.

Looks pretty sweet with the drag strip w/ the tree and all. Def. a place for a future ride for sure...

pretty sure me and two buddies will be there...bringin 7 bikes just in case...requested off today for the time off.

guys, ill be there for sure. ill show you guys some freestyle on a banshee. trustme you will love it! bring yor video cameras! ill bring the whole CGR fmx crew.

CGR where do you ride. I will be there will my crew as well. Your going to want to bring your camera if you have never seen a 250lb man free style on his banshee. Ive heard this place is kind of lame so I will be bringing materials to build some pretty basic jumps.

I'll be there when you break some shocks! :headbang:

Hey Matty, just south of this place on highway 67 is a little town called Farmington. There are a few hotels down there. Prob less than 10 miles away. Last time I stayed for the weekend down there we stayed in a Hampton Inn that was 3 days old. Think there were 3-4 hotels in that cluster. Several restaurants, Walliworld, Lowes, all that kinda crap.

CGR where do you ride. I will be there will my crew as well. Your going to want to bring your camera if you have never seen a 250lb man free style on his banshee. Ive heard this place is kind of lame so I will be bringing materials to build some pretty basic jumps.

Never seen anybody do that before. In the last 10 or so years they have leveled off alot of cool terrain. Prob tryin to cut down on abulampse rides. I'm betting that if the renta rangers catch wind of any jump building they'll lock it down. It'll be interesting to see.

I am considering making the journey out with the enclosed and doing some impromptu shock services out there at this ride. If anyone from so-cal would like to make the drive with me, let me know. Any hotels near by?

Get the giant douche diskoe to get his lazyass up and ride wit you so I can spank his ass on the dragstrip. :jesterlaugh:

Soooooo, any build plans for these sweet jumps you've got in mind?