starts then stalls .... please help

scott-f4i

hey guys , i need some help . i bought a project banshee a while ago , assembled it and am having an issue . when i kick it , it will start and run for a second or two , then stalls out . ive pulled the carb , checked for clogged jets / and debris , tested for fuel flow at the petcock and the bowl . its gettin plenty of fuel . the left cyl doesnt seem to be firing all the time either . i just cut the harness apart to check for issues there , everything seems good but one question i have is what / where does the green with yellow tracer wire coming out of the clear plug on the cdi go ??? its just cut a few ft into the harness and i cant find it in any diagrams online.

general set up on the bike currently is sst pipes , trinity 2 into 1 w/33 pwk carb ,k&n pod w/ outerwear , boysen reeds +4 timing and a gytr cdi. tors and key switch have been deleted and completely removed from the harness.

any help would be greatly appreciated .

scott

hey guys , i need some help . i bought a project banshee a while ago , assembled it and am having an issue . when i kick it , it will start and run for a second or two , then stalls out . ive pulled the carb , checked for clogged jets / and debris , tested for fuel flow at the petcock and the bowl . its gettin plenty of fuel . the left cyl doesnt seem to be firing all the time either . i just cut the harness apart to check for issues there , everything seems good but one question i have is what / where does the green with yellow tracer wire coming out of the clear plug on the cdi go ??? its just cut a few ft into the harness and i cant find it in any diagrams online.

general set up on the bike currently is sst pipes , trinity 2 into 1 w/33 pwk carb ,k&n pod w/ outerwear , boysen reeds +4 timing and a gytr cdi. tors and key switch have been deleted and completely removed from the harness.

any help would be greatly appreciated .

scott

Hi chief,

The green/yellow wire is the park brake limiter wire.

This is cut when you remove the park brake so the rev limiting feature is bypassed.

Hopefully this helps at least some of your problem.

thanks , at least now i know what it is . i still have no idea what would cause it to stall immediately after it starts . anybody else have any ideas ?

You said this is a project. has it ran at all since you've had it. sounds like a problem I had when I put a new stator on.

just starts and stalls . and this is the first attempt at starting. ive tested the stator , it ohms out fine. im lost

OK. Will it only start on the first kick. sound like each cylinder maybe fired once, or does it actually try to idle for a couple seconds

Edited by Roccdeezy

I had a banshee project when I got it so I stared to buy parts. And when I was checking for spark it would only spark on the first kick. And that was it then I would let it sit for a few second. And it would spark again and then no spark and it keep doing this. So I never had a key switch hooked up. I didn't know it needed one or to be jumped my with the two wires because my zilla can run with out one. So I got a key switch and it would spark then I started to hook up all the wires and I still have the tors. If I have the tors little black box hooked up it would not spark unless I moved the throttle with that little switch in the caseing and I let off on the throttle and it would stop sparking just on that first kick it would spark so I unplugged the little black brain box for the tors and spark every time. With out moving the throttle switch. And I still have the key switch hooked up. So I don't know if this will help but good luck.

If you don't have a key switch you need to cut them 2 wires and splice them together. Didn't know if u have done this or not but just thought I would add that and make sure you do have the wires spliced with no key switch.

Edited by dirtbike drew