ideal all around set up?

VictorK

what in your opinion is the ideal set up for versatility for riding everywhere (dunes excluded)from tight trail to open fields, shallow snow etc?

I would have to say

1. Good Shocks All-Around (Works, Elkas, Axis, etc)

2. Pipes (T5, Pro Circuit, CPI, etc)

3. Tires All-Around ( Maxxis Razr2 "hands down best")

4. Cool Head w/ domes (Noss, Fast, Prodesign)

5. Skid Plates Full Body( For Safty/Cheap Insurance)

6. 28-33mm carbs (For Extra boost over your buddies)

Last But No Least

PORT WORK, PORT WORK, PORT WORK find a builder and let thme know exactly what your looking for ( Fast Racing, Passion, Herr Jugs, etc)

After all of this is complete you will have a nice and beautiful bike, that is very versatile and will keep a smile on your face.

I would have to say

1. Good Shocks All-Around (Works, Elkas, Axis, etc)

2. Pipes (T5, Pro Circuit, CPI, etc)

3. Tires All-Around ( Maxxis Razr2 "hands down best")

4. Cool Head w/ domes (Noss, Fast, Prodesign)

5. Skid Plates Full Body( For Safty/Cheap Insurance)

6. 28-33mm carbs (For Extra boost over your buddies)

Last But No Least

PORT WORK, PORT WORK, PORT WORK find a builder and let thme know exactly what your looking for ( Fast Racing, Passion, Herr Jugs, etc)

After all of this is complete you will have a nice and beautiful bike, that is very versatile and will keep a smile on your face.

I have all of that other then shocks and carbs. The reason I bring this question up is basically to just get some other thoughts. I feel my shee is well rounded now but there's always room to improve.

He forgot to mention 4mm long rod, only way to go, and a -1 swingarm. I don't run any skid plates on mine probably a good idea to run one at least on the sprocket end but the others are not necessary. Everyone is going to write in something else you should just go check out the thread where everyone posted what they have done to there bikes and go from there. Get a good idea of the most common parts installed and rule out what you don't want or need.

As far as the -1 swing arm, part of my all around included drag racing.....

He forgot to mention 4mm long rod, only way to go, and a -1 swingarm. I don't run any skid plates on mine probably a good idea to run one at least on the sprocket end but the others are not necessary. Everyone is going to write in something else you should just go check out the thread where everyone posted what they have done to there bikes and go from there. Get a good idea of the most common parts installed and rule out what you don't want or need.

if your pretty set up motor wise start shopping for suspension. SPEND THE MONEY to. Some dont realize how much difference good suspension will do. Better handling, performance and ultimately make you a better rider. Plus 2 a arms are nice and a little longer swingarm may be something to look into if your having trouble keeping front end down. Up to a +4 is good and isnt much different or harder to ride. Some say it takes away from you turning abilities, but its all in the rider IMO. Im going to proly do an Elka setup on mine this winter. After i figured out what I can get there stuff for its a no brainer.

if your pretty set up motor wise start shopping for suspension. SPEND THE MONEY to. Some dont realize how much difference good suspension will do. Better handling, performance and ultimately make you a better rider. Plus 2 a arms are nice and a little longer swingarm may be something to look into if your having trouble keeping front end down. Up to a +4 is good and isnt much different or harder to ride. Some say it takes away from you turning abilities, but its all in the rider IMO. Im going to proly do an Elka setup on mine this winter. After i figured out what I can get there stuff for its a no brainer.

I plan on getting front elkas eventually myself. My next big improvement will most likely be carbs. As far as +2 arms and axle, I want them but I'm in CT and ride lots of trails, lots can be tight at times.

Buy a Raptor, YFZ, or TRX and don't look back.....

I said ideal all around set up(on a shee), not best all around bike. I think you got the impression I want to turn my shee in to a 4 poke but that's not the case. Sometimes other riders can give you a idea you might not of thought of for some reason.

what everyone else said..

advanced timing

porting for where you choose mose likely mx or agressive mx somethin like that

pipes-(pro circuits are great all around, fmf fattys, dmcs, paul turners, lrds) anything but cpi or shearer pretty much lol

CARBS AND FILTERS I see it time and time again these make or break a bike.. The wrong carbs make things hell I like pwk 28s because they work really good all around. I have a 2 into 1 its alright but I miss the topend pull of my pwks.

-1 swingarm mabey?

Skids?

TIRES! Get good tires personally I like a nice normal turf tamer.. Klaws are good knarlys, razrs, ohtsus are bad ass

suspension (spend the money get something quality)

Cooling system!!!! Cool heads, billet impellers, good fluid anything to keep it cool in tight trails

And after all of the above just remember to keep it jetted rights and play with gearing and buy a shit load of bling and stickers because we know that makes every bike faster of course! :jesterlaugh:

4mm with a -1 swinger that bike has to be a fun wheelie machine and handles like mofo