clutch slippin need help

ralphn3

ridin earlier today bike takes off nasty and runs strong after third gear it seems to change like if i gun it itwill rev high and pull but it doesn;t seem to pull as hard as if i ease into it any suggestions

ridin earlier today bike takes off nasty and runs strong after third gear it seems to change like if i gun it itwill rev high and pull but it doesn;t seem to pull as hard as if i ease into it any suggestions

if its the clutch it wouldnt pull hard in the first 3 gears.... it would rev up and slip everytime u hit the PB... take ur clutch apart and look at the plates... Or maybe ur cable adjustment is off... I burned a clutch riding for 10 mins with a bad clutch adjustment... I know onmy old 4 stroke.. with there torque.. a clutch going bad is a no brainer.!!!!!

if its the clutch it wouldnt pull hard in the first 3 gears.... it would rev up and slip everytime u hit the PB... take ur clutch apart and look at the plates... Or maybe ur cable adjustment is off... I burned a clutch riding for 10 mins with a bad clutch adjustment... I know onmy old 4 stroke.. with there torque.. a clutch going bad is a no brainer.!!!!!

yeah thats how i felt i was wondering if the lower gears made it not so so good due to going through them so quickly ?

so i just went and smoked the rears out in the road playin tonight smoked tm like crazy so i let off the brake and started going through the gear box and it yeallin but seems like it should be going faster thenwhat it is when i gun it what clutch do yal suggest if it still sounds like i need one

so i just went and smoked the rears out in the road playin tonight smoked tm like crazy so i let off the brake and started going through the gear box and it yeallin but seems like it should be going faster thenwhat it is when i gun it what clutch do yal suggest if it still sounds like i need one

umm... What? I couldn't understand any of that.

umm... What? I couldn't understand any of that.

What ? if you can smoke the tires its not your clutch its prob just running like shit in the higher rpms because its too lean for the cooler weather or something else happened...havbe someone who knows what they are doing come check it out for you...ask around man, someone has to know someone near you...if your clutch was shot, i dont see how you could burn the tires off...

Youre not that far from me dude, pm me and ill give you my number, or you have my email too...well figure it out...

Edited by superswire

What ? if you can smoke the tires its not your clutch its prob just running like shit in the higher rpms because its too lean for the cooler weather or something else happened...havbe someone who knows what they are doing come check it out for you...ask around man, someone has to know someone near you...if your clutch was shot, i dont see how you could burn the tires off...

Youre not that far from me dude, pm me and ill give you my number, or you have my email too...well figure it out...

Cuz once traction is broke.. there isn't much load on the clutch. Seen it MANY times. Clutches usually slip in the higher gears where it sees the most load and least tire spin.