banshee gettin whiped

ralphn3

whats up im new to bhq but i was told to come here if i was serious about my she the mods i have are a dyna ignition box with timing curves 34mm kehien carbs cool head with 22cc domes +6 swingarm banrd new holeshots on the rear intake spacer aftermarket reeds pod filters pistons 64.75 pro lite aftermarket reeds twist throttle 13 42 gearing why im i getting beat by a 400ex it has a cam and different piston but i should still win any ideas

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something is wrong with your banshee. The only way I see you losing is if your racing short distances or your banshee is not running right. Are you running stock pipes with 34mm carbs? You didn't mention any pipes in your list of parts and that would be a problem with that big of carbs.

whats up im new to bhq but i was told to come here if i was serious about my she the mods i have are a dyna ignition box with timing curves 34mm kehien carbs cool head with 22cc domes +6 swingarm banrd new holeshots on the rear intake spacer aftermarket reeds pod filters pistons 64.75 pro lite aftermarket reeds twist throttle 13 42 gearing why im i getting beat by a 400ex it has a cam and different piston but i should still win any ideas

Dont take this wrong.. But how long you been riding? I mean do you think your a good enough rider to beat this guy... Ur doing something wrong to be losing that race .Or its not tuned right!!!.. You shuld be able to launch that thing 2nd gear full throttle.. The 400 shuldnt be a problem!!!!

Edited by 2001blackshee

Your overcarb'ed for a stock port to begin with, but it shouldnt hurt much up top but carb velocity is deff low. How does it run? have you done a plug chop? Leak down and compression test? +6 swinger with holeshots = fail. Use the search function key words, "plug chop", "best dirt tires", "leak down test", and "compression test". And read read read.

Oh and welcome :cheers:

Your overcarb'ed for a stock port to begin with, but it shouldnt hurt much up top but carb velocity is deff low. How does it run? have you done a plug chop? Leak down and compression test? +6 swinger with holeshots = fail. Use the search function key words, "plug chop", "best dirt tires", "leak down test", and "compression test". And read read read.

Oh and welcome :cheers:

i have pro circuit pipes and i have been ridin for years i come out hard but he starts walking do you think it possible that im still spinning in 4th and this bike revs faster than you can blink to the top. screaming but gettin left

its the +6 swinger and holeshots.. no traction...

i thought that strechin it would help it but since you and whiteboy4life both say swinger ill take it off what do you suggest

its the +6 swinger and holeshots.. no traction...

You mentioned you leave him at the line. In theory the 400 should leave you off the line. I bet he is running some really high gearing especially if he is getting you in the top end. Also is weight an issue. Is this guy like 80lbs. To be honest Im really lost. a 400 ex is really not that fast of a bike. Most banshee's with good filters, pipes and some jetting can beat almost any (STOCK) 450 in a drag race.

You mentioned you leave him at the line. In theory the 400 should leave you off the line. I bet he is running some really high gearing especially if he is getting you in the top end. Also is weight an issue. Is this guy like 80lbs. To be honest Im really lost. a 400 ex is really not that fast of a bike. Most banshee's with good filters, pipes and some jetting can beat almost any (STOCK) 450 in a drag race.

i will admit it does spin alot but i figured i should still win when i first got it and piped it i smoked him all the time but my bike wouldnt stay down i put the swinger on but i did alot things like spacers carbs reeds and pipes i was wodering if these banshees could over ride clutches quick

i will admit it does spin alot but i figured i should still win when i first got it and piped it i smoked him all the time but my bike wouldnt stay down i put the swinger on but i did alot things like spacers carbs reeds and pipes i was wodering if these banshees could over ride clutches quick

Your best bet is to go back to the stock swingarm, practice launching 2nd gear don't dump the clutch, just feather it. I wouldnt go any bigger than 30mm carbs on a stock cylinder/stroke bike. But these things will do nothing if the bike isnt running correctlly.

Your best bet is to go back to the stock swingarm, practice launching 2nd gear don't dump the clutch, just feather it. I wouldnt go any bigger than 30mm carbs on a stock cylinder/stroke bike. But these things will do nothing if the bike isnt running correctlly.

okay ill put a stock one on and try to find some smaller carbs the bike runs and sounds nasty it will pull the front in third on pavement i wa reading some post and i was wondering should i get my motor ported or save more and get a 4 mil crank

okay ill put a stock one on and try to find some smaller carbs the bike runs and sounds nasty it will pull the front in third on pavement i wa reading some post and i was wondering should i get my motor ported or save more and get a 4 mil crank

Get porting...

Trust me when I saw its a traction issue.. I've had the exact same experience! my cousin was all sorts of pissed off when I was spankin his shee with my 450.. He had the exact same setup as you almost (his was ported). Lim had some good suggestions also. He'd spin the holeshots... but.. put his paddles on and he'd get me every run.