Can you say wheel travel?

sandtazam

It has been brought into question weather or not my 2wd Banshee can go where the 4x4's go. I said you've got to have wheel travel. They say you need FWD. Then my next question was, are you sure?

392100727.jpg

Edited by sandtazam

Based on the pictures I've seen of the area they want to go, wheel travel will be a big part of ones ability to traverse the terrain. They say no 2wd has ever made it. I hope to be the first. Never know until you try. 8-)

Naa no mud, just rocks. I will concede, in deep mud, they would definitely kill me. The last desert race I was in, I got stranded in the middle of a 2ft deep mud hole. Took 1/2 an hour to get it started and ride out.

Here's a link to the ride. looks like a blast to me.

http://azquadrider.smugmug.com/ATVUTV-Adventures/Mammoth-to-Arivaipa-Canyon-and/1906641_AUqnH#96237734_dce77

Edited by sandtazam

That does look pretty cool. From those pics I have ridden harder trails then that with my banshee.

While the 4x4's have all wheel drive, they seem limited on wheel travel. I think that's where I can make up the difference. I guess we'll know Sunday.

The 4x4 guys wouldn't dare hit rough terrain as hard as I have. Too stiff and heavy.

Wouldn't mind having one. Never gonna sell mine to get one though.

Edited by sandtazam

A few more people that have been there recently say it's not going to be as bad as its been in years past and other 2wd's have now made it. Just going to be a solid butt kicking.

Seems like a good bunch of riders. Should be a great time. :cheers: