Clutch adjustment help!

I put new clutch in when I rebuilt motor. I just got the motor installed in the frame and wanted to get clutch adjusted right before put the clutch cover on. I have a manual but I can't seem to get it right the way they describe. The only way I can get any tension on the cable is to screw the screw adjuster on the pressure plate in. Is the push lever supposed to line up with the arrow on the crankcase when the clutch lever on the handlebars is pulled? Need some help, thx. Mike

I put new clutch in when I rebuilt motor. I just got the motor installed in the frame and wanted to get clutch adjusted right before put the clutch cover on. I have a manual but I can't seem to get it right the way they describe. The only way I can get any tension on the cable is to screw the screw adjuster on the pressure plate in. Is the push lever supposed to line up with the arrow on the crankcase when the clutch lever on the handlebars is pulled? Need some help, thx. Mike

a bearing clutch pusher will take out the slop and then some.could be a stretched cable and the arrows must be lined up when the clutch is put together.

Yah the ball is in and I installed a pancake bearing also. I am pretty sure it's in how it was when I took it out. The arrows never lined up before. When the clutch lever isn't pulled the metal piece with arrow and cable was at the end of the case pretty much where it is now.

Looked in manual and it's in just like pic. In the pic it isn't lined up with the arrow either when putting cases together. It doesn't say nothing about the arrows until you go to adjust it. I have it working now but the only time the arrows are lined up is when you pull the clutch lever on perch. I can see the pressure plate moving when pulling clutch

Dunno if i'll be able to get a cable tomorrow and I want to see if I can get it fired up. Any problem with going ahead and leaving it like it is for now so I can get it running and swap out cable later on?

Your clutch mite drag a little ,your cable mite snap I used a new cable when i replaced my clutch never touched it yet works great.

Push the clutch actuator (lever on the case) by hand until it stops. That's when it should line up with the arrow. It will never line up with zero tension due to the return spring on the case.

So disconnect cable and loosen adjustment screw on pressure plate. Push lever on case until it points to arrow and adjust the screw in and tighten to this point. Now adjust slack in clutch cable?