Serval Cat

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a 370 long rod motor and I'm thinking about getting a serval cub. Is there a piston combo I can use to run the long rod crank in the serval? Or will I need to go with either the stock rod crank or the 4 mill stroker? Bottom ends great in this motor, I'd hate to have to tear it down.....Even ready with the full 8-plate Hison set-up....So, anybody know if I can use the longrod with the serval?

I've got a 370 long rod motor and I'm thinking about getting a serval cub. Is there a piston combo I can use to run the long rod crank in the serval? Or will I need to go with either the stock rod crank or the 4 mill stroker? Bottom ends great in this motor, I'd hate to have to tear it down.....Even ready with the full 8-plate Hison set-up....So, anybody know if I can use the longrod with the serval?

Yes you can. I'm not really sure what all needs to be done but I am actually having a 4mil long rod serval built right now. As far as what I understand is just a cut dome for piston angle. Could be wrong though.

i've been searching all over since you asked, and all i can come up with is this- the stock stroke serval is available, from the sounds, but you have to contact jeff(f.a.s.t.) or andy (m$m atv) to get it. i could not actually find the specs on it, so i do not know what the deck height is built for. i'm assuming that it's made stock deck height, and runs the special blaster pistons with the lower banshee pin location, in which case, all you would need to do is run regular blaster pistons with your long rod crank.....possibly are going to need slight squish correction, but probably not...

WOW, turns out that one was a good question. So I can get the serval cub top end and and use my long rod, stock stroke crank and it will work just fine with a blaster piston. (Sounds like it'll make for some cheap re-builds.) :headbang: That will still be a 68 bore then right, just in the blaster design? I'm guessing I'd still want a custom cut dome for that motor. I'm hoping the long rod will add even more torque to the set-up. :drool:

Have we come to a conclusion as to what the best pipe will be for this combo?

WOW, turns out that one was a good question. So I can get the serval cub top end and and use my long rod, stock stroke crank and it will work just fine with a blaster piston. (Sounds like it'll make for some cheap re-builds.) :headbang: That will still be a 68 bore then right, just in the blaster design? I'm guessing I'd still want a custom cut dome for that motor. I'm hoping the long rod will add even more torque to the set-up. :drool:

Have we come to a conclusion as to what the best pipe will be for this combo?

there are a selection of pipes, but whats best will depend on use, and what you want.......

• 1 month later...

Ok guys got the new serval cat running! I must say it is an absolute hoot to ride. The thing feels like the best stock cylinder dune port that we have done but pulls like a cub on top! This was a very conservative setup and we are going to try a few others very soon.

Setup was like this

As casted serval cat 68x58

22cc domes pump fuel (91 oct)

+4 on the plate

34 pj's cgl needle 158 main.

K&N Pods

Cpi sb inframes

The needle wasnt quite right it was lean off idle on the dyno but wasnt bad. I should be able to get more down low with more tuning or different carbs i really dont like pj's very well

Overall the thing has awesome "usable power" and is a home run for CP! Great job Calvin

serval1.pdf

Andy, do you have any 4 mil stock cylinder dyno runs you could post for comparison?

• 3 months later...

How much is the Serval cylinder for stock stroke crank? I don't see it listed in M&M's website. I have T-5's, VForce reeds, +5 timing (on the aftermarket plate), stock cylinders(minor clean up porting), stock carbs, K&N cone filter, and Cool Head, how much more HP can I expect? Should I change to dual filters for this set up?

How much is the Serval cylinder for stock stroke crank? I don't see it listed in M&M's website. I have T-5's, VForce reeds, +5 timing (on the aftermarket plate), stock cylinders(minor clean up porting), stock carbs, K&N cone filter, and Cool Head, how much more HP can I expect? Should I change to dual filters for this set up?

the same price as one for the 4mm crank but minus the crank.