Thinking of getting new carburators

krss144

I have pulled the plug on my carbs and finally getting something new. Sick of rebuilding.So Im thinking of going with a 34mm Mikuni Round Side carbs. I have a 99 with a Vitos .040 Super Stock Piston Kit, T5's, Vitos two stage reeds, Moose boost bottle, Vitos needls stock gearing, 22" Mud Lites, HD clutch springs, K&N air filter, run Klotz 32:1 and do trail riding. My question is if I jump up to a 34mm carb...

A)Will these carbs be to bigg for my setup and type of riding I do?

B)Will I notice that much more in my ride?

C)Will I need throttle cables? I have a year old throttle cable that came with the Vitos TORS Kits.

Thanks for your input.

Edited by krss144

why do you have to keep " rebuilding" them?

i would say NO on the 34mm mikuni round slide unless you really like carbs from 1970's..

28-30mm pwk's would work great also intakes and 34-36mm lectrons on gas would be cool too.

the lectrons usually make more bottom end than most other carbs of the same size.

why do you have 22 inch mudlights on your bike do you splash through 22 inches of mud on a regular basis? a lighter shorted tire would be nice in the trails unless your boncing over tree logs and such? but then why not just get some big ole 4x4 and do it right>?

you will need new throttle cable for the 34's the smaller pwks will fit your stock boots and you can use the cable you have.

The carbs I have are junk, always have been sinse I bought the bike. I m just done with be stranded on the trail and not running right because of the carbs. Im not new to carbs by anymeans, parts are broke off and the idle srews are so f-ed you cant even turn them. Hard to tune with junk carbs. I dont mind the old school round side carbs and for the price dont really want to spend anymore money on carbs then this. The 22's are what came with the bike, works out nice because the fields I do ride in have stumps, logs and rocks that the 2" of extra travel helps. I do like to find some mud and play in that, also works out nice in the sand...dont spin as much.

I just had a chance to get these carbs from someone I know so thats why I was wondering if it would be worth it. Otherwise I can just stick with a smaller or go a differet route.

Im no carb expert but I say hey if you can get them for a good price sure get them. If they dont work just put them on the shelf or resell them. I ran pwk 28s, which was a HUGE improvement over stock, tuning, and power from top to bottem was so much better.