Best way to remove burnt stuff on pipes

sorry for making so many threads, but i got a question. I had the blue bike in oregon with the rocket pipes, and somehow i managed to burn the material on my pants on the right pipe. Now its stained. whats the best way to remove that without scratching the pipe itself? i can take a knife and scrape but then i would scratch the pipe badly

sorry for making so many threads, but i got a question. I had the blue bike in oregon with the rocket pipes, and somehow i managed to burn the material on my pants on the right pipe. Now its stained. whats the best way to remove that without scratching the pipe itself? i can take a knife and scrape but then i would scratch the pipe badly

What material is on your pants??? jeans??? riding pants??? Just gotta soak it man.....with say WD 40 and rub it

• 3 weeks later...

Agreed, steel wool works awesome. Have a friend that uses it on restored cars and gave me the heads up.

EZ OFF oven cleaner. Get the pipe warm. Not so hot that the EZ OFF steams off immediately, but probably just a little warmer than what is too confortable to touch. If you are too hot and it steams off right away, just let it cool a bit.

Spray some EZ OFF ona rag and dab it onto the pipe. Let it work a bit then rub it in. Have a large rag soaked with water (or a garden hose) to rinse things off. Wear rubber gloves.

This works VERY well. I own a Harley shop and keep a can of EASY OFF here for customers who can't keep their officialy licensed Harley Davidson boots off of their super shiny chrome exhaust.

It really does work the best out of anything I have tried.

BUT.........IT ONLY WORKS ON CHROME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EZ OFF also works GREAT as a paint remover. Also....if you have anodized parts it will remove the anodizing too. When I was a kid I used to use it for removing the anodizing on my BMX parts so I could polish them. That is why I recommend the "dab" method over the "spray it on" method!!!!!!