need help jetting

jst854

I have been trying to get this bike jetted for about a month now. It is a 4 mil long rod with the domes cut, dont remember the dome size but it has about 160 psi and i am running 114. It has a cool head, VF3's, timing +4, very close to a full out drag port, CPI inframes, and 35mm mikuni carbs. Currently I am at 70's for the pilots and 580 at the mains. The clip is in the bottom position. This is by far the best it has run with the jetting as I have tried everything from 200 through 600 and 30 through 80 for the pilots. The bottom end is good but as soon as it hits the power it seems to not want to pull and sputters. Here is a short video of it.

Let me know what you guys think as I am stumped.

Edited by jst854

What we have here is a learning experience except those that know it all and those that think they do. Taking that big of a swing at jetting leads me to think there is something else going on. What did the plugs look like at 200 main and 600 main? Couldn't tell from vidieo , but almost looks like it's smoking more out of right, but leakdown seems to rule bad seal out. Check carb vent lines , small mud daubber wasps like small holes to lay an egg. Go back thru everything. What plugs? Check tank vent ,fuel flow . Is this a fresh build? No nests in pipes or silencers? Float level? What pipes do you have? Sorry this is a little disjointed , just things as I think of them. Let us know what you find , as at least I want to know/learn. Maybe plug boots?

What we have here is a learning experience except those that know it all and those that think they do. Taking that big of a swing at jetting leads me to think there is something else going on. What did the plugs look like at 200 main and 600 main? Couldn't tell from vidieo , but almost looks like it's smoking more out of right, but leakdown seems to rule bad seal out. Check carb vent lines , small mud daubber wasps like small holes to lay an egg. Go back thru everything. What plugs? Check tank vent ,fuel flow . Is this a fresh build? No nests in pipes or silencers? Float level? What pipes do you have? Sorry this is a little disjointed , just things as I think of them. Let us know what you find , as at least I want to know/learn. Maybe plug boots?

I am around 1000ft for elevation. The plugs are 8's, the engine is fresh, brand new crank, pistons, head, carbs, and pipes. The filters are clamp on's with prefilters. I have a oversized petcock and the stock vent on the fuel cap, could that keep it from getting enough fuel? I have not checked the plug boots yet, I will switch them out for a pair that I know is good. I do not have room to do a plug chop around here so I can't get a accurate reading on the plugs.