Engine Rebuild

hey guys!

i may be picking up my banshee next weekend! i got a couple of pictures of it today.and from what he sent me (only the front for some reason) it looks like its in pretty good condition!

the first thing i am going to do is rebuild the engine. so i need to know what i need to do it! this will be my first time doing an engine rebuild. so seriously any tips would be awesome! i could use all the help i can get on this.

my dad said i should get a big bore kit. could i do this myself? i didnt think i could, but i could be wrong. once again. this is my first time rebuilding a motor and any info would be awesome.

Just go slow as you're doing the teardown. Remember where everything goes, put all the bolts in baggies and label them. Get a Clymers manual to help you.

And a bigbore kit really isn't necessary if you're just doing a rebuild. What are you going to be doing with the bike?

Just go slow as you're doing the teardown. Remember where everything goes, put all the bolts in baggies and label them. Get a Clymers manual to help you.

And a bigbore kit really isn't necessary if you're just doing a rebuild. What are you going to be doing with the bike?

clymers manual is the best thing u could buy.....its like 20 bucks. and itll show you and tell you how to do everything step by step..

give flat track a try? the banshee ( if setup decent ) will kick ass. if you do mx then this could help round you out as a rider in general? just a simple lowering kit and widen the rear with a decent pipe some modded heads, and gearing. you can smoke anybody i am trying to get into it myself but need to wait till next season.

cool head and some prolites. and a starting tip. on the starting line start in second. the other bikes will more than likely be four pokes and wont rev out there bike and keep it about midd throttle at the line they also start in first gear. to get a decent start and possibly hole shot, start in second gear and about 5 seconds before the flag drops let her scram and rev as far as it goes then dump the clutch. ( sit up or lean forward, maybe both, just to keep the front end down). and also. when going around the corners, let the tires push you around and dont be the dumbass with his ass completely hanging off the seat. just some personal tips