mislead on parts

meat sauce

watch out what you buy from this guy everyone.... i bought a set of shearer sb/sf left side exit and was told they were in prestine shape (9 of 10). got the pipes in today and took them out of the package and omg those were the nastiest pipes i have ever seen.(not in a good way). you can see dings,dents,scratches, and most of all where the pipes bolt together the flanges broke once before and you could see where the repair was, and sprayed grey paint over it to try and hide it. i contacted the seler and told him to atleast make it right by doing something, he replied this is a business deal and i have to deal with it, and most of all that really urked me was he said as long as they are on the bike you cant tell. well thats not what i was looking for because all in all i know its there despite what everybody else thinks. i have quite a sum of money tied in my bike and like others do like me, we dont want to put junk on our quads. i didnt want to do this i just wanted the seller to atleast be cordial and work something.

Do you have a link to the for sale post?

EDIT: Found it here.

THIS is the reason why you don't buy parts from brand new members without any feedback. You are more than likely going to get burned. I think the for sale section should be closed to members with less than 50 posts... Obviously if you don't have a vested interest, or time invested in this site, you wouldn't think twice about fucking someone over.

Do you have a link to the for sale post?

EDIT: Found it here.

THIS is the reason why you don't buy parts from brand new members without any feedback. You are more than likely going to get burned. I think the for sale section should be closed to members with less than 50 posts... Obviously if you don't have a vested interest, or time invested in this site, you wouldn't think twice about fucking someone over.

50 posts? for sale section sellers should have a minimum of 6 months here, and 500 posts, this is happening way to often.

50 posts? for sale section sellers should have a minimum of 6 months here, and 500 posts, this is happening way to often.

LOL, good point. I just figured 50 would be enough that someone would just join on a whim and post up their worthless shit. A new one just popped up... I guess eBay is almost becoming safer than this place.... :(

sorry to hear you got ripped meat sauce. i would say you shoulda got pics first but sometimes if you wait on someone to send you pics then someone else comes in and buys them while your waiting. be nice if people would just post up pictures like the rules state.

Good luck with the 6 months/50 posts.

I am 100% all for it. Gonna cause you mods headaches and piss people off more than help.

We've tried...believe me.

I think ATVDR is 10 posts minimum, premium member or have a known member vouch for you.

You have to remember, some people don't post, just read.

I'm all for protecting the site's members...

Better research should be done by both parties, IMO...and if a deal looks too good to be true, it normally is.

yah, high post count and maybe 6mo. is too much, too......there's allot of people that read, and unsung heroes that use the search feature, then those using the shout/chat often. I'm 100% behind registering some vital info to the site only, and displaying location. it might be complicated, but an average of the 2 would be ideal...say after 4 months you only have 16 posts, that would be about 1/3 post count, and 2/3 time.....maybe not.........I'm sure that we could come up with something both convenient enough for honest people, and difficult enough for newbie scammers......6months is a long time, really, and a shitload of traffic would just cease if you had to be premium. vouching is one way, too. i mean, paypal members a ve a "paypal verified" status....

The guy with the less seniority has to make the first move. Wether that is sending cash if he is buying, or Send the part out if he is selling. I bet if he had to send his parts out with out being paid first he would take way more detailed pic's to make sure he covered his butt. Agree on the price then when the more senior member recieves the goods he has to send the money via paypal or a money order certified mail. That way the money isnt conviently getting lost in the mail.

It is a trust thing. My cash is just as valuable as the parts he is sending. So why should I have to take the risk with a fly by night newbee.