i keep blowing head gaskets mod quad

I have a 4 mil with ported stock heads. Every time I go the dunes I blow a head gasket. Any ideas?

Pull the heads and inspect the mating areas closely for defects.

If there are none, make sure that you're torquing the head down to spec.

If all else fails, get your stock head rechambered by Brandon at Mull. Stock type head gaskets are much more reliable, plus you will get a dome custom cut to your bike.

GL

Pull the heads and inspect the mating areas closely for defects.

If there are none, make sure that you're torquing the head down to spec.

If all else fails, get your stock head rechambered by Brandon at Mull. Stock type head gaskets are much more reliable, plus you will get a dome custom cut to your bike.

GL

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

are the o-rings your putting on the DOMES BLACK in color OR brown? they ABSOULTELY MUST BE viton's. they are brown in color. PLUS it sounds to me like your either to LEAN on top end OR using too low octaine fuel, with too much compression if you have poped the head a few times its most likely warped and the domes are damaged also..

I had an issue like yours once.Someone put a coolhead rite over a stock gasket and clamped it down,from the motor running the head gasket walks around a little and grooves the cylinder.So when I rebuilt this motor I put it together the rite way and it blew o-rings as soon as it got hot enouph for the head to start walking.I redecked the cylinders .012 and problem was solved

are the o-rings your putting on the DOMES BLACK in color OR brown? they ABSOULTELY MUST BE viton's. they are brown in color. PLUS it sounds to me like your either to LEAN on top end OR using too low octaine fuel, with too much compression if you have poped the head a few times its most likely warped and the domes are damaged also..

Did you even bother to read anything in the original post before offering up your pearls of wisdom?

Did you even bother to read anything in the original post before offering up your pearls of wisdom?

I don't really see what's wrong with his post. I mean, the thread title says "mod quad" at the end of it, which would lead me to believe he has a modquad cool head. Secondly, his original post says "ported stock heads". My assumption on that would be "ported stock CYLINDERS", I may be wrong... but I think this is the OP's fault for not elaborating on what equipment he's running.