front wheel offset

2jugrider

offset rims will increase the steering effort, and make the quad dart to one side at high speeds

Why is the bike gonna dart to one side if your driving in a straight line at high speeds?

Something isn't line up right if it does that. I agree that it increases the steering effort.

I run a 5" wheel in the front, they have a 3" backspacing. My wifes TRX450 has the wide offset wheels thanks to RMATV. I will soon buy her a set of +2 arms and standard offset wheels. When in the dunes the ruts in the flats and the trails grab the front end of the honda and pull it around. No, it's not because it's a honda. I've ridden other bikes with the offset wheels too. Think about what it does to your steering, the wheel is farther from the ball joints. I think it is called scrub angle. When you turn the bars to the left your left tire will actually swing behind your ball joints and your right tire will swing out in front of the ball joints. It really does affect your handling. If you draw an imaginary line through your ball joints to the ground this is where the center of the tire should be for best handling. That way your tire will pivot instead of swing. Yes, the offset wheels work for added stability, but at the cost of a little handling. Some may not notice it but I can't stand it.