front wheel offset

2jugrider

Anyone running a more negative offset on the front wheels? I know it will mess up the steering a bit, I was just thinking of using a wheel that is 1" outset from the centerline of the quad (giving me 2" overall more width) to get a little more stability. I only ride dunes.

Thanks

Please don't do it.

Buy extended a-arms if you want width.

Flipping the front wheels or buying wheels like you have said will give you more bump steer and put more stress on the ball joints. I don't know how people can stand having more bump steer doing this.

Banshees have retarded bump steer already in stock trim, no need to make it worse.

Best i found is 4+1 rims out front with +3+1 arms, will put you at about 48" with not much bump steer at all.

But at the end of the day it's your choice. :cheers:

So the most common width is a 5"? I havent measured my itp's but they look wide and have the huge 8x22 dune trakker rib balloon tires on them. Thinking of going to a 7" wide tire. Just got the banshee and am a total newbie.

Thanks

While I have the utmost respect for Chris' opinion (Savage420), I have done the wheel flip, as have a few other members on here. I didn't notice any additional bump steer after doing the flip. I have since changed wheels to a set of Douglas wheels, which, actually have MORE of an offset than the stock wheels flipped. Still I haven't noticed any increased bump steer with the new wheels. Just my opinion. As Chris said, what you do is your own choice. Just my experiences.

WheelFlip.gif

I think for the guys that ride pretty much sand only will not notice it much at all. But for me, i ride some ruff mountain trails and i hated bump steer in the woods.

I run an adjustable steering damper also which helps out a TON!

Would be cool to have a range of offsets and a range of a-arms to try in one day on the same bike in diff conditions.

:cheers:

OK so my wheels now are 2"outside 4" inside. The wheel flip would definately change the steering geometry. However in the sand it's not like a rough trail with roots and rocks. I would have to flip the tires as well since they are a side specific rib. It has douglas on the rear so maybe just get new douglas rims with a neg offset while I'm at it.

Thanks

the common wheel wifth for the 8x22x10 sand tires is 6". They usually come at 4+2! I recommend putting them on with the 4" toward the inside. High speed runs across the sand and over ruts or bumps will make the steering jerk pretty hard and the bike will teeter around. Not to mention it will put more stress on the ball joints.

Anyone running a more negative offset on the front wheels? I know it will mess up the steering a bit, I was just thinking of using a wheel that is 1" outset from the centerline of the quad (giving me 2" overall more width) to get a little more stability. I only ride dunes.

Thanks

offset rims will increase the steering effort, and make the quad dart to one side at high speeds

• 4 months later...