supercub vs cheetah

Alex29573

hi, can anyone tell me why they would run either or?

from what i've researched, they're both nikasil, 72mm bore

only difference i see is that cheetah's have powervalves (which i would block off)

do they take the same pistons (something around $300 a set)

thanks to all

the reeds on cheetahs are way bigger and not all cheetahs are 72mm bore and i believe that on bigger cheetah you need billet cases

From what i gather, the super has a smaller intake side on them. Same size as stock jugs so the reeds and intakes from stock or cubs will bolt right up as well as the head. Also heard that it's (intakes) are just to small to keep up with the rest of the cyl properly .

The cheetah uses YZ250 intake and reads as the intakes are much larger. Also uses its own head and domes.

Pretty sure the port layout is a little different also.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

From what i gather, the super has a smaller intake side on them. Same size as stock jugs so the reeds and intakes from stock or cubs will bolt right up as well as the head. Also heard that it's (intakes) are just to small to keep up with the rest of the cyl properly .

The cheetah uses YZ250 intake and reads as the intakes are much larger. Also uses its own head and domes.

Pretty sure the port layout is a little different also.

Someone correct me if im wrong.

the super cub 72mm takes a bigger head and the cheetah uses cr style reed cages and the t-rex uses 1995 style yz-250 reed cages,I've owned both annd the cheetah are a 6 hole bolt pattern.

The supercub uses a standard banshee reed/intake setup but it does take a different head. It is only available in a 72 bore. The cheetah uses a trx250 reed and is available in 68-74.5 bore sizes depending on piston availability. The super cub has gotten a bad rap from having to small of an intake on the larger stroke models. There is minimal gain from a cub to the super cub especially on the small stuff. The cheetah really starts to shine at or above 480cc because of the larger intake design. Also the cheetah has power valves if you want them. The super cub and the cheetah are both made by CP industries and have the same transfer design. The cheetah is only available threw trinity or one of there authorized dealers like us. The super cub is available threw any CP industries authorized dealer, also like us.

I say go for the cheetah.

Tons of bottom end grunt that blends seamlessly into that top end rush.

WAY more enjoyable to ride and much less tiring than the cub.

I agree. Spend the extra cash and get the cheetah. Its reliable horse power.

• 9 years later...