Cool head VS stock milled head

SLORYDER

Do you think a cool head is right for you?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And in MDS's case, his portjob affected his compression alot. I thought you said .030 shaved off the head and squish not corrected would lead to needing race fuel? 150 psi cranking most likely doesn't need pump fuel, depending on a few other factors. But since shit usually only matters based off one factor, like you've made clear OVER and OVER again, we'll say he doesn't need race gas.

His port job only aaffected his cranking compression, not his uccr. uccr dictates octane requirements.

I said to be on the safe side 50/50 should be used at that level.

It appears though that premium is probably fine in most cased.

I stand corrected on that.

And the fact that mccain lost doesnt speak as much of him, as it does of the ignorance of the voters. Kind of like this poll.

Edited by SLORYDER

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My testing was not done in a scientific environment but I assure you Zilla I am not making these temps up. Lots of people make lots of money off cool heads. I could take video....same bike same outside temp cool head and milled stock head and people would still doubt it. Cool heads to have their place, swaping out domes, looking cool, ect.

UCCR isn't want dictates octane usage.

there is cranking compression, UCCR, CR, timing, jetting, and other things.

if you use just one of these to get have type of fuel you are going to use is not correct.

and why wont you respond to my question?

If I don't answer your questions it is because I have you on ignore from being a hemroid.

It's time to chill.

The reason I said uccr is what dictates octane, it because I was trying to get the fact across that cranking compression is almost useless in determining what type of fuel to run.

He is making it sound like the only reason he didnt deto with that much milling, is the fact that his exhaust port height knocked his compression enough to warrant pump. Whenin fact he could be running 220 degrees of exhaust duration and still deto, even though his cranking compression is only 120.

UCCR is the dominant factor in determining octane requirements. If you are on the edge, compensate with fuel/ timing.

Edited by SLORYDER