Tool organinzation

So what are you guys using for socket organization in your tool boxes? I have used socket bars in the past and now, but I have never found any I really like that much.

I have found some stuff on the craftsman website, but it seams like their shit is hit and miss any more. I'm not sure if I want to go with bars again, or something that would stay in the drawers. I think I would like a mix of both, some bars for the stuff I use a lot, and something to hold sockets that only come out now and then.

If it matters they will be going in craftsman tool boxes, with 16" deep drawers.

who needs sockets when you have vice grips

Nice thought bro! To think I have wasted thousands on tools and tool boxes when all I ever need was vice grips! :jesterlaugh:

I beat the shit out of my brother for using vice grips on the axle nuts of my bike when we were kids ( he was to lazy to find the wrench), true story! I have since grown up and found out what they were really used for, and they are a handy tool to have.

I use 4 trays just similar to this for ¼″, ³⁄₈", ½″, ¾″ drive http://www.berryintl.com/images/cst2.jpg Work really well with a small foam pad under it so they don't slide at all. Keeps them neat and tidy and where they should be when your looking for something.

Then for extra special sized sockets of bigger and odd shaped sizes i use a couple post type like these in a deep drawer with double sided tape so they don't move around or fall over. http://www.denlorstools.com/shop/images/HNE92000_l.jpg

Then for wrenches, screw drivers and specially tools i just have them on tray mats all in order.

I will take some pics later if needed.

If its one thing i hate, it is looking for a tool and it's not there. Or a messy shop and tool everywhere. Instant steam outa ears syndrome f_steam.gif

Most of mine came in larger sets, before they came in the nifty lil holders they do now. If I had bought my tools like that, I would have spent way more than I all ready have. To give you a idea of the amount of tools I have, I have 2, 40" roll aways with matching chests on top, and two field boxes that are stocked. But I work on a lot more than just quads and bikes. I even have a few tools to do heavy diesel repair kicking around.

i use bars that lock the sockets onto itself by simply spinning them. and they have magnets on the bottom, so the bars stay in place if needed and also are portable and you wont loose your sockets

Found the story on these. http://www.berryintl.com/images/cst2.jpg

They were just a idea pitched to Sears, they were never put into production.

That one right there might have been, but the ones i have are very similar to those that i got at princess auto here. I like them.

Pretty sure craftsman have them also.